Polish P83 WANAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone have ANY experience with the Polish P-83 Wanad pistol? I would like to add a Communist Bloc 9mm Makarov to my collection, and this pistol interests me greatly. I like the looks of it and I like the price tag on it. 9mm Makarov is cheap, and the only downside is finding extra magazines for it, as I like to have at least 10 magazines for each pistol that I own.

Anyways, if you have any experience with this pistol, please let me know. Wideners has it on sale right now for $260 with two magazines.

Thanks,

Jestik

[Broken External Image]

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100001638&dir=700|1012|1026

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, speaking from the perspective of just having read up on it, I'd say it's a pretty good pistol of the type. If you're into collection, seems like a good one, especially if you've already got it's predecessor, the P64. I can testify that the P64 was a good one, so if this one is an improved successor, I'd say it would be worth the investment.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm not quite sure but the Polish don't make cheap things so it seems like a good pistol.
If it's like the Makarov then it's probably good, the Makarov is a great pistol, I was pretty sad when my dad got rid of his.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and it works great. I prefer the size of the p64 polish. Both guns are a little pain to shoot. They hurt my hands a little. For my money I would suggest a cz82. The money is similar with a larger magazine and better shooter. I love all the Eastern Block Maks although the cz82 in my opinion is the most useable. I own a bunch of pistols but the cz82 is the gun I carry most.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and it works great. I prefer the size of the p64 polish. Both guns are a little pain to shoot. They hurt my hands a little. For my money I would suggest a cz82. The money is similar with a larger magazine and better shooter. I love all the Eastern Block Maks although the cz82 in my opinion is the most useable. I own a bunch of pistols but the cz82 is the gun I carry most.

I looked for CZ82 and every place seems to be sold out right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom