Armslist scams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What exactly are the scams where people post guns for sale for very low prices? Are they collecting phone numbers and email addresses? I emailed one about a wilson 1911 and received a scam warning from armslist.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is what I suspect. They can get access to your cell phone account and run your bill up by making calls and **** just by having your cell number.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is what I suspect. They can get access to your cell phone account and run your bill up by making calls and **** just by having your cell number.

Well I hope that's doesn't happen. A persons phone number is hardly secret. I'm surprised its worth their time.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I humored one guy a while back with a stupid-cheap HK91; it was a "send me a cashier's check, and I'll have my FFL ship it" deal.

Had a guy post location in "oklahoma" when I contacted him he said he was in tennesse. Willing to answer questions via email. I told him I have family in Tennessee and that they would be willing to meet for inspection and would exchange funds for item. Well that wouldnt work for him since he's never home. He was full of sh*t. I figured so right from the beginning, he had posted a 50cal barret with hundreds of rounds and reloading equipment for $3500.00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom