New Arsenal AK makeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scalawag pimp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking for an Arsenal for some time. I was able to finally get one that was a pass down from two other forum members, promiseofwar and Mrshooter. When I got it, it had been rattle canned and while it looked good, I wanted it back to black original. So started my quest to have it "fixed" by cerekote.

I put the gun in the hands of Brian Lee of Calamity Arms. I wanted to go back to the factory black look but Brian convinced me to let him make it look good. Well all I can say is look at the photos. Brian is a good man who is a marine vet. I can not recommend him highly enough for the quality of work or for his character. He will continue to be my go to for cerekote!

So while a long journey, I finally have the arsenal I have always wanted thanks to this forum and Calamity Arms.

Thanks Guys.

pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic4.jpg pic3.jpg

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is sweet. Does cerakote make the texture of the rifle different? I was thinking about having mine done to be the black color instead of being the parkarized color mine is.

scalawag pimp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is sweet. Does cerakote make the texture of the rifle different? I was thinking about having mine done to be the black color instead of being the parkarized color mine is.

Not to me. It goes on like original finish. All the guns I have done still keep original roll marks and everything. It is really a neat process and not to expensive a way to customize a gun. I have been real happy with all mine.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking how much does it cost to do your Arsenal? You can pm me if you don't want to share. If it isn't too much I might have it done. Thanks.

scalawag pimp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My deal was special because it was 3 colors and a lot of hand painting. Instead of basing it on that cost, I strongly suggest you call Brian at Calamity 405-819-3197. He is a great guy and I think you would be shocked at the price for just a one color black. Also tell him you talked to me, Allen, and harass him for a better deal! LOL Seriously, his pricing is great and you can not beat his character. It also helps he is a vet. I like to support those guys as much as possible.

*** If it is not ok I left a number for a dealer/company, then please delete and I will send I PM. I didn't give it much thought so I hope its ok. ***

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom