Malaysia Air Flight 370

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hope the U.S. watches the airways at the borders of the USA closer than apparently Foreign airways over the Indian Ocean.

Mike60 said in post #144 that at 45,000' everyone dies, except maybe in the cabin. We know it was taken to that altitude before coming back down to 27,000' and then gaining altitude again. Could be that they killed all the passengers intentionally that way, and then meant to land the 777 surreptitiously. Potentially using it at a later date as a post 911 flying bomb.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thoughts on this from the beginning was that it was hijacked to be used as a weapon at a later date. Whether this was a dry run to see if they could get away with it or not I'm not sure. It would seem highly unlikely, however, that they could get it close enough to hit any major city without being shot down, not to mention that it would be pushing the range of that model to reach U.S. airspace without refueling. I believe the range of the standard model 777 is a little over 5000nm, and the extended range model at about 9000nm. I don't recall if this jet was a 777ER model or not.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hijacked to be used as a weapon at a later date?

That really makes no sense. The time to use it as a weapon is right after the hijacking...they aren't going to be able to hide it forever let alone fly it, fuel it, land it, and operate it at a later date. Snaring one for a "future attack" means they have to deal with 100's of passengers, a multinational search effort, and tipping their hand.

I think anyone with the resources (like Iran) to hide, discretely service, equip and operate a 777 would've just leased one and avoided all the attention, or hijacked one and launched the attack immediately.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is used as a weapon at a later date, you can be sure Iran will be blamed. Look how many have already alluded to Iran being involved in this thread alone; we have been successfully steered by our state-run media as to who the world's boogey man should be. And that 777 won't have to try for the U.S.; being Iran is the nation Israel wants to eliminate, the likely bet is it is a Mossad op that would use the aircraft against a target in Israel. The ensuing outrage from all of the Israel firsters in the U.S., combined with the typical pressure by AIPAC would have us up to our eyeballs in yet another conflict (that has nothing to do with national defense of the U.S., as usual), and likely while our "greatest ally" that was the "victim" of the attack, watches from the sidelines. It's an easy script to write, being Israel hasn't yet managed to con us into attacking Iran for them, despite all of the propaganda over the last 20 years or so. And besides - even after all this time, they're still "just weeks away from having The Bomb".

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think Israeli airspace is locked down pretty good. Anything as big as a 777 is not just going to slip in unless they front it as a legit airline with a flight # and flight plan....which brings me back to my post above.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First wave of the attack came in disguised as commercial charter flights same way they did in Afghanistan in '80. Only they were crack Airborne outfits.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Israeli airspace is locked down pretty good. Anything as big as a 777 is not just going to slip in unless they front it as a legit airline with a flight # and flight plan....which brings me back to my post above.

Where do you think they "slipped" it to? It certainly slipped somewhere undetected.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Once they got it to 45,000', depressurizing the passengers would free up the plane to be stored away. Not only would it be a formidable bomb fully refueled, but they could load it up with conventional explosives. I think the target would be somewhere on the mainland of China. I think the Chinese are concerned, too.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...laysian-flight-fuels-chinese-families-worries

There is a fierce Islamic separatist movement being violently crushed by China right now in one of its provinces.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/28/w...-separatists-acts-in-restive-region.html?_r=0

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't slip it in anywhere. It's at the bottom of an ocean so large that most people can't even comprehend it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom