Malaysia Air Flight 370

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They didn't slip it in anywhere. It's at the bottom of an ocean so large that most people can't even comprehend it...

Probably is on the bottom. But that is uncertain. If 911 had never happened I would bet the house that your are correct. When I saw they took it up to 45,000'...You ever seen Thunderball?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't slip it in anywhere. It's at the bottom of an ocean so large that most people can't even comprehend it...

The black boxes and the Cockpit voice recorders should have transmitted if they crashed. They cannot be turned off by the cabin personnel. They can be picked up by satellites.

If they are in the drink, why no response from them?

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The black boxes and the Cockpit voice recorders should have transmitted if they crashed. They cannot be turned off by the cabin personnel. They can be picked up by satellites.

If they are in the drink, why no response from them?

I thought all along it ditched into the ocean, until I saw where they took it up to 45,000' for awhile, then back down to 27,000' then resumed a cruising altitude. Maybe they did ditch, but that was not their intention.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Black boxes don't transmit to satellites when under water. They 'ping' comparatively short range signals that require knowledge of at least a general area of the crash...so lack of reception of these signals right now is not proof of the plane being landed somewhere safely.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'll buy into the in the water crash for arguments.

I don't think it did, but why did the latest "official story" say 7 hours now, that the aircraft was still in flight, Vs the 4-5 hours previously announced?

We know the cockpit voice recorder and black boxes cannot be turned off by the pilots.

The satellites were getting engine pings, yet can't pick up the black box pings if it did crash into the water?

I'm missing something here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Black boxes don't transmit to satellites when under water. They 'ping' comparatively short range signals that require knowledge of at least a general area of the crash...so lack of reception of these signals right now is not proof of the plane being landed somewhere safely.

Quick search, and your absolutely correct. WTF?

My issue is this: Why do we continue to rely on these black box data recorders when crucial flight information can and should be transmitted instantly via satellite to ground computers? If the engines aboard the Malaysian flight already were doing it, that means the technology exists, and it can be done in a way that is financially manageable by the airline industry.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC, the engine communications were via a satellite connected diagnostic service and don't include location information.

Black boxes don't have have live status updates/connectivity via satellite. Post crash, they send out a ping to help searchers find them.

Two completely different types of equipment/capabilities.

Latest posts

Top Bottom