Malaysia Air Flight 370

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is the way I understand it;
Transponders can be turned off/on in the cockpit.
ELTS have 3 settings on, off and test.
Once an ELT is activated by "G" forces or saltwater, the only way to deactivate is to remove the batteries.

Yeh, they are talking about that on (Piers Morgan) right now. The fact that the ELT never activated implies it never crashed onto land or into water. Even Bill Nye the Science Guy is on CNN speculating.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeh, they are talking about that on (Piers Morgan) right now. The fact that the ELT never activated implies it never crashed onto land or into water. Even Bill Nye the Science Guy is on CNN speculating.

I'm not speculating, I'm not Avionics. I just talked to the Avionics crew chief and that's what he said.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding of the search area is not 35,000 sq miles, rather closer to 5 million sq miles.

This was based on a flight speed of 500kts and 4 hours plus the potential for a tailwind depending on what direction they went.

Apparently the telemetry on the engines was reporting for 4 hours once "lost".

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That plane could have been flown to Iran without crossing over any land after the transponder was turned off. I'm guessing that is where it is - being outfitted for a major terrorist attack or open engagement of war. Your speculations may vary ...

Woody

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is reportedly an email from an oil rig worker who provides pretty decent locating info for any google earth fans. No idea of it's accuracy.

Malaysian Air.jpg

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

For the love of all things holy and sacred tell us that it wasn't you watching this trash!!

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That plane could have been flown to Iran without crossing over any land after the transponder was turned off. I'm guessing that is where it is - being outfitted for a major terrorist attack or open engagement of war. Your speculations may vary ...

Woody

To get over water to Iran, would require transit through an area of air space that serves as essentially, a consolidation point for the Straits of Hormuz.

As such there is often a carrier group operating in the area.

You'll just have to trust me when I say an unidentified aircraft, flying low in that area would have received about as much attention as you might imagine, (Say hello to my strike buddies!!)

For Reddog1, there was a report from Russian media that they had shot down a twin engine drone recently, unusual in that we operate no twin engine drones....

I'm sure the outcome will be mundane though tragic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom