Malaysia Air Flight 370

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's spooky. I can understand anomalies like Earhart and Noonan in the Lockheed Electra, but a 777 is huge. Didn't any of the passengers have smartphones?

Many reports of family members calling their loved one's phones - and they were ringing, with no answer. Wouldn't called phones submerged in water go directly to voice mail, as if they were "off"?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many reports of family members calling their loved one's phones - and they were ringing, with no answer. Wouldn't called phones submerged in water go directly to voice mail, as if they were "off"?

i can't look it up right now, but i saw an article that answered that question with what amounts to a 'no'. i'll see if i can find it later and post it.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK then; since most all of our modern cell phones can easily be tracked by GPS, why can't they track these phones to the exact location of the airplane/wreckage/etc.?

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell me this. Why doesn't the almighty NSA spy grid just review the DVR?

You can't tell me they dont have every inch of planet earth covered by spy satellites.

I mean come on, really?

They know exactly what happened to that plane.

To think otherwise is totally naive.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When it's happened before, some of this technology didn't exist to track the missing object. This time there were a lot of people on the 777 with smart phones. Seems like someone would have been texting when the event occurred. It's been something like six days now, no fuel slick, no flotsam. This is 2014 we're living in, and 777s can't just disappear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom