Malaysia Air Flight 370

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Photos of new images of flight debris field.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/03/world/malaysia-debris-images/?hpt=hp_t1

i.imgur.com_7AqB7Oj.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Edit: There had to be survivors out there, at least at first...

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the big question. WTF is the "black box" a capture device for data?

Why can't it transmit to the cloud like I can with my Iphone and store data?

These jackholes that are in the aircraft industry need to get up with modern technology.

I think that this is a given. It's actually been in the works but why it's taking so long after 9/11 is beyond me. Probably FAA/JAA red tape.

Essentially for the same reason you can't use your iPhone in flight.

It's all a question of bandwidth. Your iPhone needs a wifi connection to back up to the cloud. An airplane "black box", and all the information they store, would need a similar data connection.

In flight, that connection can only come from a satellite. At any given time, there are 100's of thousands of aircraft in the sky. There aren't enough satellites, satellite channels, or satellite bandwidth to handle that amount of simultaneous upload.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They've found this stuff by satellite floating on the ocean - eh - how many days ago? And we can't find it on the ocean surface? What does that say about our or any "search and rescue" capabilities? If no one can track a non-stealth airplane, why in hell do we need a fleet of stealth planes for!

Just sayin'. Actually, it tells me they are having a tough time constructing a diversionary "crash scene" to cover what actually happened to that 777.

Nothin' else makes sense, so why not consider a cover-up?

Woody

This article puts the enormity and the remote nature of the search area into perspective. It makes complete sense that it is taking time to get resources into that area...an area that is far from normal shipping channels and is characterized by rough seas. It's a big ocean. So big, most people can't even comprehend it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...bsurdly-difficult-lets-put-it-in-perspective/

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all a question of bandwidth. Your iPhone needs a wifi connection to back up to the cloud. An airplane "black box", and all the information they store, would need a similar data connection.

In flight, that connection can only come from a satellite. At any given time, there are 100's of thousands of aircraft in the sky. There aren't enough satellites, satellite channels, or satellite bandwidth to handle that amount of simultaneous upload.
Not to mention the fact that almost all of the data on the black boxes is completely uninteresting--it's only useful in the few cases where there's a crash or other incident, which is a vanishingly small percentage of flights.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/26/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The latest objects seen on satellite images provided by Airbus Defence and Space range from about 3 feet (1 meter) to about 75 feet (23 meters), Hishammuddin said. Some appear bright, indicating they may be solid, he said.
The latest images appear to be the most significant discovery yet in the hunt for the missing plane, which vanished March 8 with 239 people aboard, said CNN aviation analyst Miles O'Brien.
"There's a very good chance this could be the break we've been waiting for," he said.
Aviation safety analyst David Soucie agreed, saying he was particularly intrigued by the size of the 75-foot object.
"It has potential to be a wing that's floating," he said. "So I'm really encouraged by it, I really am."

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Planes to take off again in search very shortly. But more oceanic storms are forecast to occur in a few hours.

i.imgur.com_R2RzvNJ.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Feench satelite photo of where search is headed...

i.imgur.com_bWBTXqa.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

i.imgur.com_WyD6zvV.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom