Malaysia Air Flight 370

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had to be someone in the cockpit with them. If the flight crew intended to commit suicide/mass homicide, there was quicker way to do it. This just looks like a hijacking with a sad ending.

It's just really weird, I never thought of pilot suicide, but they are Moslem. I guess I could imagine Moslem pilots turning off the transponders and going for the big suicide.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's just really weird, I never thought of pilot suicide, but they are Moslem. I guess I could imagine Moslem pilots turning off the transponders and going for the big suicide.

or any pilot for that matter. not sure what religion would have to do with it.

Also, if this was about radicals taking lives, wouldn't they have been more likely to try to use the plane as a weapon before going out to sea? I'd think crashing the plane over the city during takeoff would up the body count than just the passengers on board. If they were going to go that route.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
or any pilot for that matter. not sure what religion would have to do with it.

Also, if this was about radicals taking lives, wouldn't they have been more likely to try to use the plane as a weapon before going out to sea? I'd think crashing the plane over the city during takeoff would up the body count than just the passengers on board. If they were going to go that route.
Well, there was EgyptAir 990 a few years ago. The nutty bastard at the controls drove that thing right into the ocean praying to Allah all the way.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Airplanes just don't disappear. .hell they found the Titanic and other ships.
RMS Titanic sank in 1912. She was found in 1985. Seventy-three years. We're barely up to a week here, with something a whole lot smaller, less of an idea where to look, and far less likely to remain intact.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A fisherman said he saw it flying low over the water. This suggests a loss of power, and possibly a controlled ditching of the aircraft. But I suspect once the water hit the air intakes on those massive jet engines, the wings would shear off, and everything would sink, maybe pretty much intact. If the water isn't real deep, the hull might not implode, and a debris field may not escape to the surface.

Edit: But jet fuel would escape to the surface, and depending on surface turbulence leave a slick.

Don't suspect; look at a similar incident:
i.huffpost.com_gen_286578_thumbs_r_MIRACLE_ON_THE_HUDSON_PLANE_large570.jpg

Note that the wings and engines are still very much attached.

And no, it wouldn't implode, either. There are way too many leaks in the fuselage for that, and even if it were pressure-tight, the windows would start to blow out, relieving the pressure differential quickly.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Blitzer is talking to this guy from the Wall Street Journal who is over there. The Wall Street Journal guy says they are suspecting a hijack, and a potential landing on land, because nobody can find a debris field. But I just can't see a landing on an airstrip. That thing is probably in 14,000' of water.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a release a while back about being able to hack into the 777 airframe through the onboard wireless. Full control.

Latest posts

Top Bottom