Crimea votes for secession .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get your point, but you'd have to make an apples to apples comparison. Crimea is the equivalent of a state with it's own legislature/parlament that favors Russia, a majority ethnic Russian population, and existing agreements and treaties with Russia that allow for a robust presence of Russian troops.... Texas and California do not look anything like Crimea in that regard. If they did, Mexico could f-ing have 'em both.

See I don't know that I'd be so quick to give them any of our states. Yeah..I'll admit it, I'd miss Texas. Now if the Texans (or Crimeans in the real world) said "hey, we want to be part of another country" and they did so without being invaded... Different story. It just gets under my skin when a nation decides they'll just up and take something they want when the other nation doesn't really have the means to resist. Is it how the world works? Likely. Has it happened throughout history, sure. That doesn't mean I have to like it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it's ok to let the bullies of the world pick on the small countries so long as they aren't messing with us?

Let's see here. We don't have a defense agreement with them. They haven't officially asked for our help. Many of the Crimean citizens appear to want the Russian affiliation back.

Yes. :rolleyes2

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread on the subject, I think the focus on Russia in this instance is important but is only a part of the picture. Watch the other side of that continent and what the Chinese do in the near future regarding the disputed Islands. Both of these events together signal a widespread coordinated aggression, and neither are going to move very far without the support of the other.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it's ok to let the bullies of the world pick on the small countries so long as they aren't messing with us?

No, but then again it's not OK to force other people to pay for your support for foreign causes either. If you don't like something that is going on overseas, pick up a rifle and go do something about it yourself. Don't try to make your neighbors pay for your agenda.

Latest posts

Top Bottom