Crimea votes for secession .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes... I've got enough on my plate preparing to deal with all our domestic "bullies" without having to worry about a bunch of foreigners... especially when most of their dispute is over which gang of suited psychopaths they want to rule them.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, but then again it's not OK to force other people to pay for your support for foreign causes either. If you don't like something that is going on overseas, pick up a rifle and go do something about it yourself. Don't try to make your neighbors pay for your agenda.

If our government (you know, the one that theoretically reflects the will of our people) decides to give aid, is that forcing my neighbors to pay? If so, and you have a problem with paying taxes, take it up with Uncle Sam. Like I said, I'm torn. The fact that so any people can turn a blind eye when a sovereign nation is invaded by another, well that's just troubling. It's almost like we'll never learn the lesson that isolationism doesn't work. On the other hand, our foreign policy of policing the world through constant intervention is just as bad. The right answer is somewhere between the two extremes.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes... I've got enough on my plate preparing to deal with all our domestic "bullies" without having to worry about a bunch of foreigners... especially when most of their dispute is over which gang of suited psychopaths they want to rule them.

And with Crimea now an independent state, the rest of Ukraine will self implode as the various factions that were aligned in ousting Yanukovitch turn on one another for control. With 5000 AKs stolen a false flag is in the making, likely Yarash will dress his soldiers in Russian uniforms and attack a Ukrainian target to get the ball rolling so that our Tribe backed "leaders" can cry for a war against Russia. And thus begins WWIII...

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Do any of your preparations include runs to the grocery store to stock up on tin foil? I kid..I kid. Seriously though, I just wish our government would make a distinction between helping those who can't help themselves and helping those who won't help themselves.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If our government (you know, the one that theoretically reflects the will of our people) decides to give aid, is that forcing my neighbors to pay? If so, and you have a problem with paying taxes, take it up with Uncle Sam. Like I said, I'm torn. The fact that so any people can turn a blind eye when a sovereign nation is invaded by another, well that's just troubling. It's almost like we'll never learn the lesson that isolationism doesn't work. On the other hand, our foreign policy of policing the world through constant intervention is just as bad. The right answer is somewhere between the two extremes.

Well, if our elected representatives decide to give aid that calls for military presence, I'll leave when/if my unit's number is called.

I think one of the big problems is an inability to distinguish between interventionism and isolationism.

Thank you for your service and if called, I wish you a safe return.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think one of the big problems is an inability to distinguish between interventionism and isolationism. Thank you for your service and if called, I wish you a safe return.

I never know how to respond when someone thanks me for my service. Good manners dictate that I say "you're welcome" and you are. That being said I've just never seen it as something that someone should thank me for if that makes any sense. It's been my distinct privilege to do what I do both in an active duty and reserve capacity. I've learned some great lessons, made some great friends, and had a lot of fun along the way. It's something that I'm thankful I've gotten to participate in so when people thank me for it I feel like I should thank them back for helping subsidize the experience. So thank you as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom