Beretta PX4 Storm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the PX4 Storm.
I know it has the rotating barrel, but does it have the problem as the Cougar 8000 had? Like since it had the rotating barrel it would have a weird "jolt" from the recoil.
I've thought about wanting one, I'm just not sure it's that good though, Beretta doesn't make garbage but I'm not sure about this.
I handled one about a week ago for a good amount if time and it fit like a glove, I like everything about it but I haven't been able to shoot one.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the PX4 in .40. It wasn't a bad pistol at all. It was my first .40 handgun, and I realized very quickly that I'm just not a fan of that cartridge. Other then that, it was an awesome pistol. If I hadn't found that CZ p-07, I was going to get another Px4, but the CZ. Just felt better. The Beretta is good to go though.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one in .40, and so does my BIL. I love it. No issues, and no jolting that I have noticed, and I have at least 300 rds through it. Feels great in my hand, has good weight, not too small, not too big.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the PX4 in .40. It wasn't a bad pistol at all. It was my first .40 handgun, and I realized very quickly that I'm just not a fan of that cartridge. Other then that, it was an awesome pistol. If I hadn't found that CZ p-07, I was going to get another Px4, but the CZ. Just felt better. The Beretta is good to go though.

I'm thinking about getting the PX4 in 9mm.
I saw that thread of your's about your P-07, you have one very good pistol! I got to shoot one when I went to the IDPA Nationals up at USSA, it was a tack-driver! I need to get my hands on one of those also! I'm jealous of you right now! Lolololol!

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really am deciding on the PX4, but right now I'm at a toss up between the S&W M&P9c, S&W M&P Shield, and the full-size PX4 Storm. It's really hard to chose since all three of 'em are really good guns and all of 'em fit like a glove for me. The only problem with the Shield is that I don't care for the safety since I'm a lefty and I can't use it and the fact there isn't an ambi-safety on it.
So it's really hard to chose between the three. :'(

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a PX4, I noticed the torque only when shooting one handed. I had a Type "C" Constant Action trigger which was as smooth as glass, the machining quality is the best.
If you want something different the CZs are nice but be sure to check out Walther PPQ or P99 AS versions or a Steyr M9-A1 or L9A1 as well.

Pharr, if you're really 16 though you're gonna need to wait 5 years.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Owned a Px4 type D for a while, soft shooting handgun in .40 never had a failure of any kind. Keep wanting to get a Px4 inox in 9mm and possibly get rid of the M9a1 i currently carry.
Wasn't a big fan of the wide slide release lever but that wouldn't concern me now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom