2014 ODWC Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got an email from ODWC saying they'll be up tomorrow at 8

Yep, the 10:45 today must be for the inside people. Jared, if I send you my information will you check for me?
Email copied below:

July 1, 2014

A Service of the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation

CONTROLLED HUNTS DRAWING RESULTS TO BE POSTED ONLINE

* * Thousands of hunters entered the drawing, and the wait is nearly over. Starting at*8 a.m.*Wednesday, July 2, applicants for the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation's Controlled Hunts Program can find out at*wildlifedepartment.comwhether they were selected to go hunting.

* * Applicants can go to the website and click on the "Controlled Hunts Results" link. They will be prompted to enter their last name, birthday, and the number they used on the original application (either their Social Security or driver's license number).

* * Applicants without internet access may check the drawing results at computer terminals available at Wildlife Department headquarters in Oklahoma City and at some regional offices during those offices' regular business hours. In addition, many local libraries offer Internet access to library cardholders.

* * All successful applicants will be notified of their selection by mail, along with information about any required fees. Hunters must pay any required fees by the due date listed for their hunt to avoid forfeiting their hunt opportunity.

* * "Checking the Controlled Hunts drawing results online is free and easy," said Melinda Sturgess-Streich, assistant director of administration and finance for the Wildlife Department. "In addition, those hunters who have been selected can also use the online system to pay any fees that might be required."

* * The chance to hunt on some of Oklahoma's most unique and desirable hunting properties has made the Department's Controlled Hunts Program one of the most popular programs of its kind in the country.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe it or not, the option for inside people to check the results ahead of time went away several years ago. The results used to be loaded onto CD's and sent out to all offices so that people could check the results that wanted to come to the offices. They haven't sent the cd's out in probably 6 years.

Now I am sure that there are a few I&E people that are still able to do it, just not the entire agency.

I am ready to see some results as well. After drawing last year, I don't have huge hopes though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom