2014 ODWC Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll put in for the elk hunt again, only to be unsuccessful one more year. I'm resigned to being a stastic about those that have never drawn.

Cheer up, dude! I had a friend that got drawn on a bull in 2007. After about 30 years of not getting drawn. (of course it was during the ice storm, but he tagged a nice bull and they hauled it out on an improvised sled)
RIP, Jerry.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The draw hunts open areas up not otherwise open to hunting. The draw hunts for antlerless (adults) have been a 100% for me.
Thanks for the help, looks like washita and fort cobb have great odds, however they are doe only. I believe fort cobb is muzzleloader only. i am afraid she cant handle a muzzleloader
I think youths have to be 12 at the time of the hunt. I may be wrong, but that's what I remember.
no that is only at certain places, like salt plains, and usda

I believe the 12 year age limit is for Salt Plains, MCAAP, and Ft Reno. I could be wrong though.

Washita would be an excellent youth hunt to apply for.

thanks! We are considering washita!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really, that would be neat, i cant find anything about the bonus buck tag online? Where can i find info on this?

thanks for the help

It is decided whether they allow a buck harvest, when they do the fall spot light surveys. Just trust us when we say sometimes they draw for a buck or couple buck tags. You don't sign up for this buck tag drawing unless you were already drawn for the doe hunt, they draw for the bonus buck at the pre hunt meeting.
Edit to say Okie4570 looked it up for you. See below.
Thanks Okie!

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom