Crappie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have yet to get into them at Thunderbird either. Been an odd year thus far. Pulled a largemouth out on Wednesday and that fish was cold! I figure the water temp needs to come up a few more degrees before they really start hitting, at least in the spots I'm used to catching them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tore them up last month on Ponca lake with jigs. Here in the northern part of the state, they are in transition mode from deep water to bedding areas. Hard to find right now. Water temps are 55 degrees right now

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis congrats on your retirement sir! Hope you get lots of fishing and hunting in now. Maybe you can give us a weekly report now. LOL!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, I've been fishing 4 of the 6 days I've been retired, shot a pistol match today in OKC, and might go to Wannamakers gun show in Tulsa tomorrow. Or might just sleep in. Life is good. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Dennis. I've never had any luck finding them prior to their run as I don't have a fish finder....lol

There is a lot of difference in a depth finder and a fish finder. A fish finder costs a whole lot more. All of them will show some fish, on occasion, but the higher end models will provide tons more resolution, and you can actually watch your lure, minnow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom