Crappie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got into a few on Friday. The larger ones were pretty aggressive and put up a nice fight.
i1276.photobucket.com_albums_y474_makeithappenoutdoors_Fishing_20140418_194629_zpsbmrouaal.jpg

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
took my (10 year old) grandson to eufaula mid-day/coal creek. his first time jigging. didn't think we would do much in the middle of the day.(about 1pm) took awhile to get a line in the water...teaching a little about knots etc. he wanted to use a mister twister style curl tail white jig. not my choice(i like hollow tube jigs) but we went mainly so he could fish and i wasn't going to stop him. He pulled one out (10 incher) of about a foot and a half of water before i could get rigged up. i caught a 6 inch bass. he pulled out another one about the same size. i got hung up. he got his line broke. i finally caught one. The clouds rolled in. about 2pm. niether one of us got another bite for about an hour so we left. still a great afternoon. pointe being.........FOOT AND A HALF OF WATER.........all 3 had eggs............the eggs were still hard in two of them and the third had a little blood/ooze in them...........i think they will be crawling the bank any day now---in Eufaula. that was Saturday.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanna see dem crappie fish crawling outa de water on de bank. Send mea pitcher o dat.

WTG Bluewing, take that boy again and let him get into a BIG mess of crappie.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer Slayer and I are headed out to my pond tomorrow morning, gonna be an epic adventure with the ODWC crew, electro fishing, taking me some BIG buckets! Lol, seriously, I appreciate DS getting this set up for me, despite his affinity for talking on his cellphone and ignoring you at lunch, the man is a Saint and will help you out any way he can. Thanks DS!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what gets shocked up. Seeing what you have, and getting into pond management is very different than what most folks think it involves.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AWWWW, shucks. I have many passions and one of them is helping people if I am able. Here in lies my passion for helping children from non hunting families get outdoors and experiences God's gifts. I started my son, Huckleberry 75, out when he was 5 years old. He is now grown, married and has a 3 year old son who wants to go fishing. That boy has no idea what his father and I are about to teach him about the outdoors. I have spent my whole life outdoors. I have hunted and fished since I was approx. 6 or 7 and later in life backpacked extensively. I have been a hiking counselor in North Carolina in 1970 and was in the woods for 9 of the 11 weeks I was there. I have canoed many rivers in SE Oklahoma and 1 is now partially submerged in Broken Bow lake. I am handing down my extensive knowledge of many years spent in the outdoors with food plots for deer, pond management, shooting, hunting and fishing, forest stewardship, water and soil management to name a few. This is what I draw from and bring to the table in my environmental business. If people walk with me for a short distance in life the knowledge and experiences they will gain will be lasting. I am just trying to make life a little easier for some by giving back. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
19 from Lake Ponca this afternoon in 4' of water on ODW spider blocks. Some aren't
The biggest, but the lake is overpopulated and the ODW says to not throw back short fish.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398305278.845960.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom