Tower climber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have enough in their call centers to bug us anytime one is getting close to renewal, multiple times a day, every day ending in Y

That's not the FCC, that's a for-profit business using the info from the FCC database to pump for renewal assistance business. Similar stuff goes on in the amateur radio area, too. I just ignore them, go to the FCC website and take care of business myself.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL... I hope this contractor your hiring has comp.

wearing gaffs in and bucket and leaving a bucket to climb not to mention standing on the rim of a bucket are about the only black and white violatons they ever wrote in OSHA....LOL.

I'd call on the guys... your getting hosed.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

wearing gaffs in and bucket and leaving a bucket to climb not to mention standing on the rim of a bucket are about the only black and white violatons they ever wrote in OSHA....LOL.

Yeah, I thought it sounded like funny business as well. Hard to feel bad about schools whining about budget problems when they throw money around without doing a little research that could possibly save them a couple grand.
One representative of OG&E asked if they would like him to check into doing it, possibly for free.

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My understanding is that gaffs are for climbing wooden poles. This is a metal pole so I don't think gaffs would do you much good.

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it sounded like funny business as well. Hard to feel bad about schools whining about budget problems when they throw money around without doing a little research that could possibly save them a couple grand.
One representative of OG&E asked if they would like him to check into doing it, possibly for free.

I asked who to contact at OGE and did not get a response. I also believe that IT (the department I am in) should not be involved in this process at all. This should be 100% in the maintenance/security department.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is that gaffs are for climbing wooden poles. This is a metal pole so I don't think gaffs would do you much good.

First you mentioned "metal" I usually ignore how everybody and their dog referes to every structure out there as a "light pole" good luck .....

you have to stand on the rim to leave the basket though.... don't ask me how I know this....

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First you mentioned "metal" I usually ignore how everybody and their dog referes to every structure out there as a "light pole" good luck .....

you have to stand on the rim to leave the basket though.... don't ask me how I know this....

No it really is a light pole, currently at the top of the pole are the lights for the baseball field.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well i found out at a very young age climbing wasnt for me. Dad had a set of his gaffs and harnesses at home one time and i thought he can do so can I so i put them on and went out to climb the utility pole we had the basketball goal on well i got up it but couldnt for the life of me figure out how to get down so after that i decided he was better than me but oh well he had more years and training on me but i never put them on again.

JacobDaddy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the tower company came and mounted the antenna for us. They also did a sweep of the coax and antenna. They definitely had all of the right equipment for the job and seemed to know what they were doing. I snapped a few pictures 20140422_105127.jpg20140422_115356.jpg20140422_115406.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom