Pawnee Run N Gun July 19th, 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we are running this one naked this year right?
We don't have to worry about all the talk about what gear everyone is gonna run like last year.

It's up to you. I'd be really alert goin' through some of the "lonlier" stretches through the woods, though. Would want a lovestruck hillbilly to get the drop on you out there.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question, but are these geared towards bolt rifles or ar/ak style rifles?

There was an OSAer that ran a 6.5 Creedmore precision gun of some flavor and did so with great success. Another used a Ruger Scout Rifle and did well too. I believe there may have been a third but I'm drawing a blank with that one.

If I had an FR-8 I wouldn't hesitate to run it with a satchel full o' strippers. If you've got the skills you'll do fine!

Ek

frayluisfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't logged on here in a while. Glad I did tonight! Glad to have seen this announcement.

I missed the last event due to minor finger surgery over Christmas. Hoping to be in shape to participate this time. Seeing this gives me a kick in the pants to bump up my exercise.

Yeehaw!

ARguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This sounds like fun, what kind of pistol do most of you use? I've never competed, and I'm not overly athletic, but I heard this was a good test.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any centerfire will do. You need to have a secure holster for it, though. I'm assuming you're shooting an AR, that's what most guys run with. Remember, this is in July, so hydration is a must. Camelbaks are great for this, but I've seen guys run with canteens also.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The longest shot will be approximately 500 yards, on a full torso silhouette. Everything else will be 250 yards and under.

To answer the earlier question, a bolt gun would be OK as long as it loads quickly, like with strippers or detachable mags. There will only be one stage with a real high round count, and on that one you will have the option of using rifle, pistol, or both. So if you wanted to carry a bolt gun, you could use your pistol on that one and just bring extra pistol ammo.

We are putting the finishing touches on the COF now... we should have it released and open the event for registration this week.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we register, will we have to register specifically for either the 5k/10k option, or do we declare on the day of the event which course we're running? I'd love to do the 10k, but I've been struggling with foot and knee problems and may have to settle for 5k depending on my status in July.

Latest posts

Top Bottom