Pit bull Dogs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like pits too. We have one. He's real protective of the yard and he will eat your ass if you come here without being invited. He a great dog to us and to friends.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We live in the country, and consistently see dogs on the side of the road heading for town. Assuming somebody just dropped them off, as they stop and look at the truck when we drive by. Somehow dogs know. Lots of verified story's of dogs traveling many miles to get back home. The ones that don't have a rough time in the woods. Coyotes look at them as food, and they don't know how to forage for their own food. I feel sad for them, but If I took in every one I've seen, I'd need a permit from the state to operate a kennel. Cats are the same. People drop them off all the time. See them in the ditch trying to hide when we come by.

Dumping animals in the country is asinine.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dumping animals in the country is asinine.
Yep. I occasionally see strays, but never see anyone dumping them (so I guess they could be from the local rural neighborhoods of McMansions). I've thought that if I ever caught someone dumping a pet, I'd find out where they live and start dumping coons and possums on their doorsteps. I mean, if it's ok for them to dump unwanted city animals in my country yard, it's ok for me to dump unwanted country animals in their city yard, right?

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only Pit I've had was one that used to be running around this small town I live in. Started hearing talk of people were going to shoot her because she's a pit, so I coaxed her in my yard and kept her for a few months. She was still young, I figured about 8 months, but such a sweet heart. I work on the road for part of the year and already have to leave my dog with my Mom when I'm gone since many RV Parks won't take larger breeds, so I had to let the Pit go. Took her to my Vet and he marked her as some kind of Terrier mix and sent her to Colorado for adoption.

I've always kind of ignored the negative I heard about pits, because when I was young I heard the same thing about Chows. I grew up with Chows and they were great dogs.

Now I just have my Belgian Shepherd/Coyote mix, that is the sweetest and prettiest girl I could ever want. Smart enough to unplug an electric fence, and minds so well that my Vet wanted to keep her when she had to go in for a surgery to remove a cyst from her back. He said he couldn't bring himself to keep her locked in a little cage, so he just let her have the run of the place all night after making her a bed in the middle of the office.

I know I'm rambling, but considering I don't have any kids, I kinda feel compelled to gush about my baby sometimes like a proud parent should.

Sounds like one of the best dogs one could own! =P

only good ones a dead one

Isn't that a bit unfair to the dog? :(

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and to the snake, the spider, the tick, and the mosquito.

Snakes and spiders can actually be pretty cool. I brushed on by a Fiddleback once (it was the size of my hand) once in the dark without even knowing. When I turned on the light and saw the spider right where I had walked, I leaped out my skin (My fascination with arachnids brings a respectful fear of them). However, I turned it loose outside because it was the least I could do for it not attacking me.

Ticks and Skeeters though... They really do nothing but to be the foul parasites they are.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
only good ones a dead one

Nah, that's just ignorance talking. I've know several among friends and family including mine, and they are some of the best dogs out there. The issue is human stupidity and ignorance...... just like anything else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom