Pit bull Dogs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fawking hippies will shame you for buying a dog vs rescuing. That's not the problem. The problem is accidental or irresponsible breeding.

A good breeder never creates a dog that will ever end up homeless.

"Adopt a rescue don't buy from a breeder!" will never solve the problem. Puppy millers and bybs should do jail time.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fawking hippies will shame you for buying a dog vs rescuing. That's not the problem. The problem is accidental or irresponsible breeding.

A good breeder never creates a dog that will ever end up homeless.

"Adopt a rescue don't buy from a breeder!" will never solve the problem. Puppy millers and bybs should do jail time.

Been in Oklahoma long?

www.mylespaul.com_forums_images_smilies_thumb.gif

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great. I love backyard breeders.

Dog breeding should be highly regulated. Sorry lolbertarians. No responsible breeder breeds mutts (aka designer breeds), non-health tested dogs, or has more than 2-3 litters a year. Period.

They were getting $300 per puppy, and the puppies would sell immediately, down payments of 50% securing them before being weaned. This represented an immense windfall of cash to a group who don't work a steady job. The man with the ankle bracelet can't leave the house and so he can't work. The white dog was the one they took to the vet, the others they did not.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One would think that they will protect their assets with the remaining 3 puppies, by keeping them fenced in. But things don't always make sense. I don't even know that they have the puppies at this point - could be they sold them for cash instead of keeping them. I have never seen them or heard them barking.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No mention of the kids who used to live there. Had to be lots of kids, these types work like that. Think they sold them too?

The property owner is a very nice person, and she is the mother/grandmother. When the gray dog attacked the dog on the back of the pickup truck, I think she helped get the dog owners out of a bind, financially. And I think she helps them out maybe more than she ought to. They live there for free. Neither of the adult grandchildren have kids. There is always traffic in and out, in and out. I had months of trouble with those dogs, and so did other people. But the dogs are all dead. It altered some of the ways that I do things. You always hear, "Be aware of your surroundings." well, I really am. Instead of light, fast hollow points, I carry heavy, cast flat nose, and always hearing protection. When I go out to close up the chickens I have a flashlight on me. Sounds pretty common sense, but it can be taken for granted until one of those things tries to come up on you.

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The property owner is a very nice person, and she is the mother/grandmother. When the gray dog attacked the dog on the back of the pickup truck, I think she helped get the dog owners out of a bind, financially. And I think she helps them out maybe more than she ought to. They live there for free. Neither of the adult grandchildren have kids. There is always traffic in and out, in and out. I had months of trouble with those dogs, and so did other people. But the dogs are all dead. It altered some of the ways that I do things. You always hear, "Be aware of your surroundings." well, I really am. Instead of light, fast hollow points, I carry heavy, cast flat nose, and always hearing protection. When I go out to close up the chickens I have a flashlight on me. Sounds pretty common sense, but it can be taken for granted until one of those things tries to come up on you.

Seriously, I am glad no kids were involved in this mess. I remember your other post and don't remember kids.

Such a typical story and so sad. Here is where dependency and govt. enablement lead.

I seriously wish you the best. Nothing worst than a bad neighbor.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 4-year-old boy died after pit bulls pulled the child away from his mother, dragged him behind a fence and viciously mauled him on Detroit’s west side Wednesday.

Neighbors said they tried to help free the boy and described the frantic scene at John C. Lodge Service Drive and Baylis Street, which happened around 12:25 p.m.

“Please help me get the dogs off my baby!” a 34-year-old neighbor said the child’s mother yelled. “They have my baby!”

The woman, who didn’t give her name, said she tried to get the dogs to let the child go and used Mace, but it didn’t work.

“The dogs were so vicious, they wouldn’t let us get around the baby,” she said.

Police arrived quickly and fatally shot three dogs, Detroit police spokeswoman Sgt. Cassandra Lewis said. A fourth dog was taken into custody, she said.

The child was rushed to a hospital and died from his injuries, Lewis said. Police have not released the child’s name.

The owner of the pit bull mixes, a 41-year-old man, was arrested for negligent homicide and is in police custody, Lewis said. Earlier in the day, police said he was cooperating with officials.

The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office hasn’t received information on the case yet, and no charges have been issued as of this evening.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig said the pit bulls escaped a fenced yard and yanked the child away from his mother and dragged him back behind the fence.

“The mother tried to fight the dogs off, unsuccessfully,” he said.

Yolanda Samuels, 46, said the mother was walking with the boy to volunteer at the local school. Samuels called 911 and told the Free Press the child looked “lifeless” after the mauling.

“The cop had to open fire to at least get the dogs off the baby,” Samuels said.

Nyasha Reid, 36, also called 911 and said people in the area yelled, used bricks, clubs and Mace to try to free the child.

She said the child's mother screamed: “They got my baby!”

Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, executive director and health officer for the Detroit Health Department, which oversees the city's animal control department, said animal control received complaints - once in 2013 and once in 2014 - about stray dogs in the area of the home. But when officers arrived at the scene, they didn't locate any strays, he said.

El-Sayed said the department has no prior reports of the dogs biting or attacking people. All four dogs were unlicensed, he said.

"This is a tragic case that didn't have to happen," he said. "It highlights the importance of responsible animal ownership."

Craig said vicious animals in neighborhoods are a public safety concern.

In September, a 62-year-old Derick Felton was sentenced to two years probation and a possible six-month jail sentence after his 11 bull mastiffs mauled a Detroit man, destroying his left arm, leg and ear.

Steve Constantine, 51, was trying to feed Felton's dogs when he was attacked in October 2014. Felton pleaded guilty to harboring dangerous animals that caused injuries.

In May, a judge awarded $100 million to Constantine in a civil lawsuit, but he's not expected to collect that amount.

Police said they will investigate if there were any prior incidents with the dogs.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...uled-4-pit-bulls-detroits-west-side/76672570/

Latest posts

Top Bottom