How's everybody's garden doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't have my tomatoes out as the average last freeze is April 10th. I wanted to give it another week to be sure. Rain would be nice, but I have my AC condensation drain plumbed out to water my 2 tomatoes.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our potatoes are doing great. I cultivated them last Saturday, and my brother and I planted our sweet corn, half our purple hull peas, a couple rows of zipper cream peas, a couple rows of bush green beans, a row of watermelons, and about an acre of field corn. We are going to plant some more field corn and purple hull peas in a couple weeks.

My brother planted his tomatoes, squash, peppers, etc already and has had to cover them three times due to frost. I am planting mine this week, and I bet mine produce nearly as soon as his will.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got close to a gallon bag of asparagus in the last week. All I've got to say is go with the Jersey Giant vs the Martha Washington variety's. Three times larger and just as tasty.

Been tilled for a month now, but planting will start next week. Got my soil sample back. I'm terribly alkaline, so I need to add acid to the soil and my Nitrogen was low. The P&K was perfect.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My little tomatoes and strawberries are still under the lights in the dining room and I'm glad because my poor neighbor lost his to the cold this past week.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put compost in my garden and tilled it for the 3rd time this morning. Hopefully will be putting in some maters and peppers tomorrow morning.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tomatoes, peppers of all kinds, squash, zucchini, and cantaloupe are out and growing. Sweet corn, pumpkin, and watermelon have been started from seed but not yet in the ground. Strawberries are waiting for a strawberry pot, whatever that is, that my wife is searching for. Thinking about planting sweet potatoes in the front yard around my peach tree.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Planted nine tomatoes, four peppers Friday. Spinach growing good. Got blossoms on my cherry tree for the first time, and it looks like the freeze didn't get my peaches, either. Horseradish still trying to take over. Mint doing well, blooms on blackberries soon....

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bumper potatoes and for the first time since we've planted we have more Asparagus than we can eat. I'm with Dennis. Jersey Giant is the way to go. Our Martha Washingtons aren't doing well at all. Something in the soil they don't like I suspect. Then again, the Jersey is taking over. Growth has been exponential every year!

We have mater seed on the make, corn ready to go in the ground, pumpkins (why? got me - kids like 'em, they're just bug machines if you ask me.) and watermelon ready to direct plant. Gonna try some new soy beans this year and haven't picked peas out yet.

We may try some cabbage and lettuce again this year, but we've never had good luck with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom