Stupid people.... Another OHP story...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I was in B.A. on 71st about to get on the ramp in front of Lowes to go to Happy Hollow when this OHP car comes flying off of the side street by the restaurants, goes through the intersection where I was stopped and gets on the on ramp. I am the next car behind him on the on ramp, and I end up right behind him. Somebody in a older Camry is on the ramp, and apparently is so oblivious to the world around them that they don't see/hear the OHP trooper who is trying to get around them... He had to wait until he got to the highway, where nearly everyone saw him coming and had cleared out. How does one miss the fact that there is an emergency vehicle 30ft behind you? and that on ramp has a decent size shoulder, it's not like they had nowhere to go...

Either the most un-observant person in the world, or an idiot wanting the trooper to wait his turn like everyone else....

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people never use there mirrors and then when someone passes them that is the first time they see them. Sometimes they are easily startled by this and say "oh ****" to themselves. Sometimes, but rarely, they decide to get on OSA and tell us about it.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People are oblivious! I was driving to work one morning on highway 169 about 6:30 when this rice burner Honda comes by me at about 70 mph. I'm in the far right lane, this guy is in the far left lane.

A car comes up behind the rice burner and patiently waits for him to move right. Well, instead of moving right he takes it to about 80 mph and starts pulling away from me. I speed up to watch.

The car behind the Honda decides he will pass on the right, but the homda takes it on up to around 90 mph.

The car in the rear has had enough and moves behind the honda again. Except, this time the car in the rear hits his flashers and pulls the Honda over.

The car in the rear who was trying to go around the jackass in the Honda was an OHP in a fully marked black and white car!

I love happy endings!

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do it all the time when I'm driving a fire engine, don't see how they miss something that big with the wide LED bar on top bright as hell and air horn. I always stay well back because you can bet your butt that when they do see you they slam on brakes, fire engines don't stop on a dime.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do it all the time when I'm driving a fire engine, don't see how they miss something that big with the wide LED bar on top bright as hell and air horn. I always stay well back because you can bet your butt that when they do see you they slam on brakes, fire engines don't stop on a dime.

But they will stop on a Honda. Yes, I know what you mean. A lot of people have "head up their ass syndrome". When that Engine with every light going and siren going coming up behind somebody, you have to be prepared for them to stop right where they are, whip it to the right, continue like you are not there, speed up to try and stay ahead of you, or pull into the only open area that was going to be your direction of travel. It only has opportunity to get worse at an intersection.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are people that just lock up like a deer in the headlights and can't decide what to do when the lights and are in the rear view mirror. I've seen them stop, pull to the left, pull to the right, and swerve both directions trying to make up their mind.

The drivers manual says "pull to the right and stop", but you can't guarantee that's going to happen.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It also seems that I may be the only single person in the state that knows what an acceleration and deceleration lane is and how they are SUPPOSED to be used. At least judging by my observation of fellow drivers entering and exiting the interstates. :pissed:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. I'm constantly amazed watching drivers that use the on ramp to come into the drive lane and never see you there until they finally see you have a semi on your left, and can't move over. They assume you will yield, yet it their responsibility to yield.

Latest posts

Top Bottom