OKC Gun Club Orientation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else get notified about the orientation in June?

First time joining a "club" like this but I hear the facilities are nice...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been a guest a few times. It is a really nice place. During the week, you may have it all to yourself.

That's cool. I used to get more than a few days off during the week, but I start a new job on Monday and I don't think there will be as many opportunities there. That being said, it will be nice to have an outdoor range other than a WMA range!

Don't they have a .22 plinking range? Thinking that'll be fun for the kids.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS somebody with more experience will be able to answer questions better. I was a guest (twice) on the centerfire rifle range that had berms at different distances. Another time, an organization I am part of had a cookout as a fund raiser.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They have a couple of plinking ranges. all the cowboy stages are available for plinking as well from what I understand. It's a vert nice facility - one of the best in the state.

We have private property that we like to shoot at but their facilities are so nice, we're thinking of signing up anyway. The initial pricing in really steep though, so we have been hesitant.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot matches at the okc gun club twice a month. Great facility. In the past, USPSA shared the cowboy range and facilities. Make sure to go there on the second Saturday just to watch all of the period clothing and guns. Those folks are really into it.
USPSA has their own facilities this year. With new berms and a building north of the cowboy area.
The 600 yd and silhouette ranges are very nice.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
We have a 600-yard High Power range, walking archery range, pistol range, silhouette range, plinking range, training range, 300-yard rifle range, skeet ranges with honors field, trap ranges with honors field, black powder range, fully operational cowboy action range and two clubhouses - one at the rifle ranges and the other at the shotgun ranges. There will be numerous opportunities to fulfill your work day requirement - either by work projects or volunteering at events. As a Hunter Safety instructor I run the .22 range at the Hunter Safety course every year to fill my tag. Welcome to the club!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a 600-yard High Power range, walking archery range, pistol range, silhouette range, plinking range, training range, 300-yard rifle range, skeet ranges with honors field, trap ranges with honors field, black powder range, fully operational cowboy action range and two clubhouses - one at the rifle ranges and the other at the shotgun ranges. There will be numerous opportunities to fulfill your work day requirement - either by work projects or volunteering at events. As a Hunter Safety instructor I run the .22 range at the Hunter Safety course every year to fill my tag. Welcome to the club!

Sounds awesome.

As to the initial pricing aviator41, I thought so too until I compared it to other local ranges. Heck, H&H charges $250 for their initial Blue family membership and $225 thereafter.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a few times as a guest. From what I've seen some parts are nice and some areas are falling apart but on a range that size maintenance must be a pain in the butt. If we could afford it we would join, I know a few members and they are really good people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom