Moms demand false flag at Target?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay maybe not, but since MDA are currently targeting, well... Target, It's not completely outside the realm of possibility that they "arranged" for a pistol to be left in the toy section, hoping for a youthful negligent discharge, is it?

/URL]

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If, and I mean if this is indeed the case, then whoever is involved should be persecuted, err, prosecuted to the max under the law. Not only for child endangerment, but libel, and possibly extortion as well.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/loaded-gun-found-in-the-toy-aisle-at-target

A real gun was found in the toy section of the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Target store on Friday night, loaded with bullets and sitting in plain view, WMBF News reports.
According to the police report, a loss prevention employee happened upon the 9mm handgun, which was sitting in an unwrapped Playskool Marvel Superhero toy box. The employee thought it could have been a toy until he noticed it was fully loaded.
The employee also told police that he noticed a suspicious male acting nervous and fidgety who kept walking around the toy section earlier in the day.
News of the unfortunate incident follows reports of gun activists spotted walking around a Texas Target armed with automatic weapons while shopping for baby clothes.
The incident prompted a petition by a group asking Target to create a firearms policy for its stores. The petition has been signed by 25,000 people in the last 48 hours, according to the group responsible for it, Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense In America.
“Assault rifles and guns don’t belong in the baby aisle, they don’t belong in the toy aisle – and they don’t belong in any aisle of the stores that American moms frequent like Target,” said Shannon Watts, Founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. “We are grateful that a store employee found this loaded gun and reported it to the authorities – but we have to acknowledge that this situation could have had a much more tragic outcome.”
CJ Grisham, President of Open Carry Texas, the group responsible for the demonstration at the Target last January, wrote BuzzFeed saying, “I wouldn’t doubt if a gun control extremist planted the gun there to further his agenda of blaming gun owners for deaths of children. Whoever did it is a despicable excuse for a human being and should be charged with attempted murder and fried in in a chair.”
In a statement to BuzzFeed, a spokesperson for Target says the company is working with police to get to the bottom of why a gun was found at the Myrtle Beach store:
“At Target, the safety and security of our team members and guests is a top priority for Target. We take these matters very seriously and we are partnering with local law enforcement on this incident. Because this matter is under active investigation, we are unable to share additional information.
Surveillance video from the store is being provided to police.
UPDATE: Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America spokesperson, Erika Soto Lamb, sent the following response to the Open Carry Texas group’s suggestion that a gun control group planted the handgun at Target:
“The insinuation that an organization devoted to the prevention of gun violence would plant a loaded gun in the toy aisle of Target is utterly ridiculous. Moms Demand Action is solely focused on the safety and security of our families and communities. Only one organization has a history of bringing loaded guns into Target - it’s not us.”
This is the type of gun found in toy aisle, a HI-POINT MODEL C9 Comp 9mm LUGER

Fidgety acting dude and a POS throwaway gun seems suspicious to me. Right?

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well at least the open carry Texas guy did not make gun owners look like uneducated conspiracy theorists. Saying there it may have been planted is not too bad, the rant about hoping someone gets the chair is a little overboard. Target had plenty of video cameras and knows how the gun got there. Target is also a private company and does not have to release the information.

While it would only be a slight surprise if the gun were planted. It would surprise me even less if this were some idiotic prank or similar stupidity. If they track down the owner of the gun/ nervous guy he needs to be prosecuted.

This is a PR war that MDA is winning

Last edited:

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To say someone would plant a firearm udderly ridiculous, sort of like saying someone would blow up and kill doctors and patients at an abortion clinic. Just plain crazy.

stay safe
elance

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well at least the open carry Texas guy did not make gun owners look like uneducated conspiracy theorists. Saying there it may have been planted is not too bad, the rant about hoping someone gets the chair is a little overboard. Target had plenty of video cameras and knows how the gun got there. Target is also a private company and does not have to release the information.

While it would only be a slight surprise if the gun were planted. It would surprise me even less if this were some idiotic prank or similar stupidity. If they track down the owner of the gun/ nervous guy he needs to be prosecuted.

This is a PR war that MDA is winning

I am thinking that if the police are involved Target will have to produce the video. It could be evidence of a crime.
I would think that Target would want the police to catch the criminal/idiot that left it there.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm certain that store will be made to produce the video evidence, as they should be. The person responsible for this, regardless of political ideals, must meet justice.

That statement there is what the open carry guy should have said, and then he should have left out a good portion of what he did say. Some gun owners really don't have the sense to debate or properly address events and end up making themselves look like wackos.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking that if the police are involved Target will have to produce the video. It could be evidence of a crime.
I would think that Target would want the police to catch the criminal/idiot that left it there.

Target will keep it until it is needed for investigation.

That statement there is what the open carry guy should have said, and then he should have left out a good portion of what he did say. Some gun owners really don't have the sense to debate or properly address events and end up making themselves look like wackos.

Yep they are helping MDA more and more everyday. Maybe they are Bloomberg plants to keep the gun owner stereotype they want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom