1861/1863 Springfield Musket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmark

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might watch the North South Skirmish bulletin board, replica muskets show up there pretty often. I have a replica 2 band Enfield that I shoot occasionally, it's fun lobbing a thumb size minie bullet down range. Use actual blackpowder, pyrodex hasn't been able to bump up the soft minie to grab the rifling in my experience.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I know it took longer than I planned but when you are on these meds everything's a crapshoot. Here's some pics of my baby, she's a very good condition (IMO) 1873 Springfield "Trapdoor" carbine that started life out as a rifle but from what I've been told, by those who have inspected it, the cut down to a carbine was likely professionally done in the 1800's and is of excellent quality. The barrel is in excellent condition and it's a ton of fun to shoot!

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should not have looked at these pictures now I need one. I have a Rolling Block and a Sharps and this would be a great addition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom