End come off ram rod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cleaning end of my ram rod pulled off (stoopid me doubled the patch) it looks like it self threads on the rod/dowel. Now it fits loose. Glue it? Cross pin it?

Also need to make a new one for my trapper pistol I lost it....

Sent via message in a bottle

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do both is best way.

Lemme share this story/experience. I did about same thing. Pulled jig off my ramrod about 3/4 way down barrel. Had this great idea that I'd just slather on the super glue and ram it home n let the glue set. Then just pull it right on out.

Nope

I ended up getting super glue all in my barrel and getting the ramrod stuck but worse I succeeded in cementing that jig in the barrel forever.....i was about 16 at the time, no conscience about right or wrong....i took it to a pawnshop n traded it for a single shot .410.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do both is best way.

Lemme share this story/experience. I did about same thing. Pulled jig off my ramrod about 3/4 way down barrel. Had this great idea that I'd just slather on the super glue and ram it home n let the glue set. Then just pull it right on out.

Nope

I ended up getting super glue all in my barrel and getting the ramrod stuck but worse I succeeded in cementing that jig in the barrel forever.....i was about 16 at the time, no conscience about right or wrong....i took it to a pawnshop n traded it for a single shot .410.

So you're the guy.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom