I hate CFLs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought 200 of the normal, regular light bulbs before they disappeared from the shelves so I'm good for awhile.

Me too. Happened to be in Lowes the other day and they still had some of the 200W incandescent bulbs in stock.

Bought every one they had. Shame I can't find the 300 watt bulbs any more.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moved into a new house and now have CFL light bulbs all over the place. I hate these piles of crap. Takes a good 5 min before they actually work. I've always been an incandescent kid of guy before but they don't last as long as they used to and these new LED bulbs are a hell of a lot better than the CFL crap balls. Just kinda expensive. Is there any brand of LED to avoid or to seek out? $39 for 4 Cree bulbs is hard to take even though theoretically you should be breaking even and gaining after a couple years with reduced utility usage. Have LED bulbs lowered anyones bill?

I agree...I will soon be needing to get LED but right now I have been able to maintain all incandescent. I do have LED decorative lantern lights and I like them; might get some LED fluorescents for the garage!

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks LED isn't as bright as halogen or incandescent should check out our LED security lights. They light up the yard with a floodlight reminiscent of Close Encounters of the yard kind.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks LED isn't as bright as halogen or incandescent should check out our LED security lights. They light up the yard with a floodlight reminiscent of Close Encounters of the yard kind.

Agreed, you gotta select the right Lumins that your wanting. I seen a 500k LED at lowes on demo. It was blindling.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But nowhere near as affordable.

No, they just cost more up front. They pay for themselves in a couple years with energy savings and most are supposed to run a decade or more. No doubt it's a tough pill to swallow up front but they are actually cheaper in the long run.

michaeld

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can still buy long life incandescent at Voss Lighting in Tulsa (I think they have an OKC branch too)
I've been paying $1.98 for 10,000 hour 60 and 100 watt clears there

The LED's are getting good too. Just make sure you get the ones marked Energy Star

Latest posts

Top Bottom