Friend's rifle was butchered at local shop....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy took his 14.5" BCM barrel in to have the flash hider pinned and welded. When it came back, it looked horrible.

[Broken External Image]

The guy at the shop did tell my buddy that the last person wasn't happy with the work that his welder did. I guess he sends it out. So with the advance warning, my buddy accepts some ownership but didn't think it would be that bad.

As if that's not bad enough, no one thought to make sure the barrel nut was on before they attached the flash hider and gas block. So he had to take the barrel back to the shop to see what they would do. Fast forward to today when he picks it up, this is what he got back!

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Not sure what happened here...

[Broken External Image]

Moral of the story...be sure to know someone's work product rather than taking a leap of faith and trusting someone just because they have a gun shop.

I don't know the name of the shop but it's some where in Norman.

Definitely not Harsh Firearms, he does great work there. My buddy original wanted to take his rifle there but couldn't make it by there during his business hours.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they... ???

img.pandawhale.com_post_15478_Nathan_Fillion_speechless_gif_TeGC.gif

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I would be asking for all new parts and my money back for the work. If not, I would definitely be posting their name and these pics on every board around, even the HTF on the national sites.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like the guy took the sh*tily welded FH and gas block off to install the barrel but and then installed the FH without the gas block, realized his mistake, didn't want to take the FH back off so he cut the gas block in twain and welded it back together in place....

img.pandawhale.com_post_15478_Nathan_Fillion_speechless_gif_TeGC.gif

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No kidding. At that point just mail it off to Adco or something and foot the bill just to keep your good name. And for the love of God buy the guy a new gas block. Amazing what some people will do to save $20-30.

Latest posts

Top Bottom