Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran at TM yesterday. First run in a week and a half. Been fighting Plantar Fasciitis for a few months now. Still staying active, gonna try to get back up to speed running/weights combo 6 days a week.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been fighting Plantar Fasciitis for a few months now.

Just flared up on me for the first time ever recently. Im doing my regular twice a year all around checkup Thursday with our general family MD so I suppose I will be having him check it out. Hurt like a muther when it first started, stayed off of it for a bit, did soaks, then when it started hurting less I started some stretching, etc, and now its not that bad if I do the stretching and put a pad in that shoe but it still is a lil bothersome.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can run pretty good, but then shortly thereafter....freakin' foot would hurt so bad I could barely walk.
Been doing some PT on my own, with some good advice from Fleet Feet downtown. (they are very helpful)
Seeing a foot dr. next week, just to make sure it's OK.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine starts to feel great if I stay off of it a day or so and gets worse if I go around barefoot so Im wearing around my canvas hopsack pullon loafers and its feel ok with a pad in the heel. After I see my Doc Thursday I will get a referrel to go see someone about it. Bad news is that Im flying out to NYC Thursday evening for 5 days and since I go several times a year already I know I will be doing a ton of walking as well as running to catch trains and buses all over midtown Manhattan while dragging along an electric guitar in a case and my preamp/processor in a rack case because Im a cheap basturd and wont spring for taxis unless Im coming from the airport to the hotel or the people Im with usually will want to split one or if its after 4am and Im drunk, plus I just dont usually like to take public transpo there that late. Ive already Emailed my hotel to have a list of items waiting for me when I get there so I can soak my sore foot in and whatever else I will need to make it feel better.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got in 18 runs in April. Taking tomorrow to rest. 92 miles. Average pace of 8:00:39. Set a 5k PR in the 22s. 10k PR in the 47s.

Finally signed up for a spring race in June (OU Med Corporate Challenge in OKC). Doing the 5k. The goal race really helps with motivation. I think I will do the Tulsa Run 15k in October for my fall run, to change it up from the Route 66 half I ran last fall. We'll see as I get closer but early planning goal will be sub-70 minutes.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran six miles in the mud yesterday. Training's been a little off since deer season started - made the run pretty tough. Need to get to shooting more as well.

How about the rest of y'all? What are you doing to prepare for the upcoming run n guns(s)?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still hitting it 6 days a week, lift and HIT on weekdays, super cardio session on Saturday.

Started working with a trainer again 2 days a week several weeks ago, needed to mix it up a little as things were getting a little stale.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit drinking Mikes Hard Lemonade and pretty much any other form of alcohol last December. Without doing anything else I cut 25 pounds. My knees feel much better too. I'm starting to work out again. I hated running when I was in peak shape as a Marine, now that I'm in my 40s I hate it MUCH worse. I figure getting in shape is damn near zero cost with huge benefits so off I go down that path. This week I'm swearing off Honey BBQ Fritos so I figure that will drop another 10 pounds.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been eating salad for lunch and was running 3-5 times a week. Im down to a pretty lean 200#s.
Since it's gotten colder i run 2-3 times a week outside and go to gym 2-3 times. Running is usually 5-7 miles with three sets of pushups, pull-ups, abs, dips about half way through. Add the 30b vest maybe once a week, sometimes once every two weeks.
Gym is mostly burpees/rowing/squat jumps or running1/4 mile, then do heavy weights on legs plus push and pull ups

I'd like to loose 5 more pounds.

Shooting wise, I'm behind. I think once the semester ends ill get to do more of that.

Last edited:

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tuesday's run with a 22# load through the mud and standing water was brutal. I was battling a head cold and by the 1/2 mile mark I was feeling sorry for myself and ready to quit but decided to quit being a puss and just suck it up. I finished all 4.19 miles, the time was long but hey, I made it without stopping.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom