Button to Booner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Charles Alsheimer has written many books on whitetail deer. I own several of his books and have drawn a great deal of my knowledge from his research. If you have a passion for whitetails as I do, then buy some of his books, curl up with a cup of joe, lay a fire and enjoy.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came across that article earlier this year somehow. That is a cool read. I was surpised to learn how much a rack changes shape throught his life span. More than I expected.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I came across that article earlier this year somehow. That is a cool read. I was surpised to learn how much a rack changes shape throught his life span. More than I expected.

Same thing the biologist from Washita NWR told us on our OYH&SP hunt this fall. Pretty amazing.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Same thing the biologist from Washita NWR told us on our OYH&SP hunt this fall. Pretty amazing.

Hey next time you talk to that biologist ask him why they can'nt have a few buck draw hunts from there give some of the people that pay for that place a chance at harvesting one of those giants that are there instead of just letting private landowners killing them all.I have nothing against anybody that has land that joins it and hunts it.If it was mind i would do the same.but there is no reason that they can'nt allow say for draw 10 buck tags a year by bow or muzzle loader and hold it before rifle season. Why Why they can'nt do this

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I believe as hunters and tax payers we should some how force their hand.Private land owners have been killing monster bucks that come off this place for 20+ years.They always say they do'nt because the people that hunt around it keeps the buck population in check. All I am asking for is a chance to draw out for a buck tag on this place.I am 60 years old if they would draw for 10 buck tags a year most likly I would never get drawn out but I would die a happy man knowing that the general public would have a chance at hunting this Oklahoma Jewel

Latest posts

Top Bottom