The Finns,riflesof the White Death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMC6094

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are my true favorites of the surplus rifle world.

The Finns kicked the Russian a$$es in a way I dont think ole Uncle Joe Stalin ever thought was possible. I have loved Finnish Mosin-Nagants since the first time I got to handle one, then when I shot it, the love ran deep and true. But I digress.
Here are three of the five I have, top to bottom:
"secret" M39 dated 1970 sporting a Russian PU scope, this rifle has the most sensitive trigger I have ever felt on an issue service rifle.
1933 Tikka M27 with bayonet, counterbored slightly at the muzzle
1939 Izzy M91/30, finnish stock and triger are the only replacement parts that the Finns added.
I have two M91s in pieces, one complete and the other needs a replacement stock, handguard, and cleaning rod. Bubba to it and ruined a beautiful New England Westing house Imperial Russian contract M91 dated 1917. Thankfully the only damage to the barreled action was some polishing and cold bluing.
i940.photobucket.com_albums_ad242_HavelockLEO_2015_20Family_20portraits_100_3016_zps61985e4b.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
very nice, my m39 is probably the most accurate even with surplus ammo of all my milsurps. i will add another in the near future. do you have some history details on the 'secret' rifle?

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have some history details on the 'secret' rifle?

The no manufacturer "sneak" rifles is a term that became popular to describe the later dated (60's-70's) M39's. The term is not really correct as it came into use based on an incorrect assumption that the rifles were unmarked in order for the Finn's to avoid breaking a treaty that banned SAKO's production of military rifles.

I am loving that Tikka M27. :drooling:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom