Fake Geissele Trigger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe yall can help me out. I have Geissele SSA triggers in two of my AR's now. One was purchased used on this site from a member and the one I most recently purchased was on eBay from a seller I frequently deal with and has 100% positive feedback. Initially I had no reason to question the authenticity of either trigger. They feel identical when pulled. One obliviously was used and came in a zip lock bag and the one off ebay came just like it would from Geissele with the instructions, slave pin, and grease vial. However they have a few differences in appearance. The first one I bought on here has Geissele printed on the rear of the hammer and the finish is almost a dark plum looking color. The face of the hammer also has a nice polish(may have been done by the previous owner but I dont know). The second one has a darker black finish, hammer doesn't say Geissele, and doesn't have a polished hammer face. Any ideas? or has Geissele just changed some of its processes?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought you meant that one of them was dark black without the engraving but did have the Geissele patent info. I misunderstood.

The hammer on my SSA is a plum color with laser engraving that says "LOT No 141E next to the face on the left side.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes the dark black one doesn't say Geissele on the backside of the hammer but they both have all the lot numbers and both same super semi auto. I sent Geissele a email so hopefully they will clear it up.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_14_9d7be62ec9aa87c3d82cc1714fa08cc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom