Changing Up My SKS...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"Also, I wanted a 5-round option in case I ever have the desire to take it hunting sometime"

Not against the law to use 20, 30, even 75 round drum on a 7.62 for hunting.

Maybe in Oklahoma, but if he wants to hunt in other state's, the laws are different. In Georgia your only allowed five rounds in any center fired rifle, which means the magazine can only take five rounds. Getting caught with a magazine that holds more than five could cost you your rifle, at the least you will get fined.

Alaskan Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that looks awesome! You have inspired me to do the same on my Mosin this weekend. The stock I currently have is pretty darn rough and if I somehow screw the project up it'd probably only make it look better to be honest haha. I have an SKS that I bought with the Tapco stock already on it and like you find it old. As soon as I can find a wood stock I'm gonna do the same as you did on it. You did one helluva job on yours, hope mine come out half that good! Thanks for sharing.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a good day at the range yesterday with this one. I like the BSA 4x30 I picked up recently. Once I dialed in the scope, I was consistently banging 8" steel plates from 100 yards. I was going try for some small groups with some Hornady ballistic tip ammo I had, but found it did not reliably feed. Anyone else experience the same?

i176.photobucket.com_albums_w192_jbrentd_Gun_20Stuff_AD9BE7AA_79a71a776fe9c1cedf7e2b6bc7fd69f4.jpg

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very Very Nice
My Son has done a couple of SKS's and several MN's....he has a knack for the wood finishing.... ;)
I showed him the pic's, he said he had some work to do on his....LOL
He put a Brass Tacker mount on his MN and a long eye relief scope ( so he didn't have to change the bolt)...turned out to be a real shooter
Mines next...ha
I'll be looking for one of those cheek pieces
Again, Very Nice indeed

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very Very Nice
My Son has done a couple of SKS's and several MN's....he has a knack for the wood finishing.... ;)
I showed him the pic's, he said he had some work to do on his....LOL
He put a Brass Tacker mount on his MN and a long eye relief scope ( so he didn't have to change the bolt)...turned out to be a real shooter
Mines next...ha
I'll be looking for one of those cheek pieces
Again, Very Nice indeed

Thanks. I'm really happy with how the refinish turned out. Here's where I found the cheek piece.

VISM by NcStar Stock Riser with Mag Pouch, Black (CVSRMP2925B) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JTAVUG/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_j7dewbS6SJQ58

I too had a mosin with a scout scope and a couple other modifications.

Latest posts

Top Bottom