NAA small revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking for a really small BUG and the little NAA .22 LR and .22 mag revolvers have caught my eye. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? I would appreciate any input.... good... bad... okay. I don't know much about them except they appear to be well made and they are the size I am looking for.

Thanks for any input!

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the .22 mag but have never shot it. What I can say is that they are really well made. I have the "holster" grip on mine and it feels like you're holding a full size revolver. The gun is really safe for a rimfire as it has safety notches where the hammer isn't resting on a live round. Once it's set (thats the tricky part) it's almost fool proof. "Almost".

Coz

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the .22 lr version. It's a fun little gun. I've shot mine quite a bit, but you really can't shoot it accurately past 10 feet. Also, being a single action only and being so small, it's difficult to be effective with follow-up shots. In short, I think they are fun, but not practical for actual carry. What is the intended use for your purchase?

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I and many of the people I know carry the 22 mag version as a bug, I have sold out of all of them except the sidewinder version. Which is kinda cool, because the cylinder is more like most revolvers. Using the critical defense round the 22 mag can be very effective. It is intended for a close quarter last resort shot to center mass.

Hope this helps

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are difficult to shoot. . .not much to hold on to. That being said, I've got several of them in various suit jackets. Better than a sharp stick, but a last resort weapon.

But they are just so dang small, cute, and inexpensive that they are easy to stash all over the place. Suit jacket, winter coat, bathroom drawer. Throw one in your GHB.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother bought me one years ago as a bug.

Pros. Small, easy to conceal, popular calibers, stainless steel construction

Cons. Single action, target has to be close to use effectively, cylinder has to be removed from gun to empty cylinders and reload, 5 shot capacity.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look into the Sidewinder

Yah the Sidewinder and the Holster Handle both look interesting. I saw a Pug at one of the local guns stores at lunch today and it really caught my eye... heavy barrel, rubber grip and it was a little thinner that some of the wood grip models. I notice some of the mag version have ported barrels... do the ports actually help with recoil on a 1 1/8th in barrel?

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found them hard to cock.

Not hard as in a heavy spring,,,
But hard as in they are so small,,,
My thumb had trouble finding the hammer.

Two handed I did just fine,,,
But with one hand it's clumsy for me.

The one I shoot every now and then belongs to a lady friend of mine,,,
Hers has the "Holster" folding grip and I do like that.

Clip it in your pocket and it looks just like a pocket knife.

Another friend of mine owns one of the tiny .22 short models,,,
Someone put a lanyard ring on it for her,,,
It's now her key-chain fob.

I keep saying,,,
"Someday I'll buy one."

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom