Cigar Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, soonerwings. I'll check it out and quit being so cheap. lol

No worries, I hope it helps. Also, you may want to check out the humidity beads sold at http://www.heartfeltindustries.com. I've been using them for a year and still haven't gone through a whole gallon of distilled water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night I smoked an Ashton Aged Maduro #10.

Wrapper: Connecticut broadleaf. Very toothy and veiny.

Burn: a little wavy at first but it straightened out and was razor sharp for most of the smoke.

Draw: a little tight for my taste

Smoke production: huge amount of milky white smoke

Flavor. This was a very typical Ashton. It was very smooth with zero harshness or bitterness. The Maduro has a very earthy taste with a slight sweetness. It's ok, but I've been spoiled by cigars that deliver a much stronger kick to the junk.

Overall impression: Not a bad smoke at all, and certainly very pleasant on a nice evening. That being said, there's no way I'd give $12 for another one of these.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
INCOMING..............

Cohiba Siglo V, by next weekend along with either some George Dickel #12 or Maker's Mark.

cohiba-siglo-v-tubos-4.jpg

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
INCOMING..............

Cohiba Siglo V, by next weekend along with either some George Dickel #12 or Maker's Mark.

cohiba-siglo-v-tubos-4.jpg

I'm trying to remember if that's the one I had a couple of years ago on a deployment. If so, you're in for some chocolate deliciousness. Is it a Maduro?

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Per Veggie Meat's recommendation (is that guy still around?), I had a Fuente Sun Grown a couple of weeks ago. It was a DAMN good smoke for the money. I can't remember it well enough now to write a review, but the favorable impression of it made me go to the store and pick up another. I'll light it up and review it when it's rested in my humidor for a bit.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
soonerwings.......

I do not believe the Siglo series is a true maduro. They do have dark wrappers but not a true maduro in the term or definition. Just off the top of my head(right now sick with the flu) I think the true and only Cohiba maduro are series called Genios, Magicos, and Secretos. Edit.....is or was there a Maduro 5???

I did have some Behike BHK56, they were a little darker than the rest of the Cohiba series.........or at least the ones I smoked. I don't know if it's the type of special leaves they use for the Behike or maybe the curing and fermentation process of this model.

I always liked Cohiba for they're mildness, taste and flavor, and quality. Don't get me wrong I like Fonseca.........another mild cigar.

If you like full body and great flavored cigars I recommend three.........Cuban of course.

1.PARTAGAS 8-9-8.............great cigar

2. MONTECRISTO NO.2..........very nice

3. BOLIVAR BELICOSOS FINOS...........very nice *** A lot of people mistake this cigar for a Piramide size but this cigar is a Campana.....but it is shorter***

Disclaimer.....by me being sick, I am prone to mistakes and will stand corrected when necessary........:homer:

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
soonerwings.......

I do not believe the Siglo series is a true maduro. They do have dark wrappers but not a true maduro in the term or definition. Just off the top of my head(right now sick with the flu) I think the true and only Cohiba maduro are series called Genios, Magicos, and Secretos. Edit.....is or was there a Maduro 5???

I did have some Behike BHK56, they were a little darker than the rest of the Cohiba series.........or at least the ones I smoked. I don't know if it's the type of special leaves they use for the Behike or maybe the curing and fermentation process of this model.

I always liked Cohiba for they're mildness, taste and flavor, and quality. Don't get me wrong I like Fonseca.........another mild cigar.

If you like full body and great flavored cigars I recommend three.........Cuban of course.

1.PARTAGAS 8-9-8.............great cigar

2. MONTECRISTO NO.2..........very nice

3. BOLIVAR BELICOSOS FINOS...........very nice *** A lot of people mistake this cigar for a Piramide size but this cigar is a Campana.....but it is shorter***

Disclaimer.....by me being sick, I am prone to mistakes and will stand corrected when necessary........:homer:

See I was thinking it was called Maduro 5 but that just didn't sound right at the time. I oscillate in my tastes. Right now, I'm in a full flavored phase.

Monte number twos will always have a special place in my heart.

Sorry to hear about the flu man, hope you get better soon!

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've neglected this thread for a while, but there are two new stores worth a mention.

First, there's a new place in Norman (Robinson Crossing) called Cigar Company. The owner is the guy that runs the liquor store next door and has decided to expand into cigars. Right now, he has one small walk in humidor with a willingness to install another if there's demand. He's willing to order cigars he doesn't have.

Second, there's a Tobacco exchange coming to Moore. It's south of 19th on the east side of I-35. I hope it has the same selection as their store up in NW OKC. That'd be really nice.

On a closing note, I tried a Rocky Patel Decade recently. That cigar is WAY over hyped and over rated. Stupid Rocky Patel, the damn pusher man.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those just look smooth. I'll have to try one. My version of economical is a bundle of either Petrus Etiquette Rouge or Felipe Dominicana. First time I've ordered the Felipe Dominicanas, but I have really liked them. I'm too cheap of a person to be a true connoisseur ha ha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom