Yet another safe question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep searching until you find the size you can live with.
Another option is two smaller safes. You can even bolt them together to make it nearly impossible to remove.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Daniel, they actually move pretty easy. I can get an appliance dolly and will gladly help out. When you pick out your safe, give me a pm. Tractor supply will load it on your trailer or truck attached to the pallet and lay it down with a forklift. When you get it home, all you need is a person or a stop to set the pallet against so you can stand the safe up. Unbolt the lag bolts from the pallet and and walk it over on your dolly.Piece of cake...

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may take you up Darren on that.

Side note in Oklahoma city besides box stores (academy, Bp, tractor supply) and Mayfair where can I look? I have about 5-600 I want to spend and I'm wanting to maximize space, all I find with wise in 26" are around 18-20" deep I would like deeper.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update to this one, I had some stuff come up but Friday I'm going to pick one up. The safe I am looking at is 520 lbs and I think it would be wise to rent a small trailer from uhaul and they advertise they have an appliance dolly rated for 800lbs. I was thinking the trailer would be better so I don't have such a long drop out of the bed and I don't have to worry about it tearing up the bed.
I'm betting I can coheres a buddy to help but since I'm trying to do it during the day I may be flying solo would that be an issue?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would use a trailer and have someone around in the event of an accident. On tiles, I would consider a piece of plywood to help distribute the weight across a larger area.
I moved mine using PVC pipe, worked great.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update to this one, I had some stuff come up but Friday I'm going to pick one up. The safe I am looking at is 520 lbs and I think it would be wise to rent a small trailer from uhaul and they advertise they have an appliance dolly rated for 800lbs. I was thinking the trailer would be better so I don't have such a long drop out of the bed and I don't have to worry about it tearing up the bed.
I'm betting I can coheres a buddy to help but since I'm trying to do it during the day I may be flying solo would that be an issue?

you'd better wait until you get help .. moving a 500lb safe needs to be planned out. 500lb is actually fairly light for a gun safe. it's easier to unload from a pickup bed vs lower trailer. this is assuming store has a forklift or a mechanical way to lay down safe flat.

after you push/pull safe over edge of pickup bed .. find balance point and slowly let safe down .. this motion will stand safe back up most of the way vs trailer will be harder to stand back up.

just scored a stair climbing Letro Truck with 1,500lb ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was 700 or 800 lbs. 3 guys and one of those square flat appliance-moving things from Atwood's worked. It's basically some 2x4s made into a square with casters on the bottom. No dolly. Up a drive, up a couple steps, down the hall and into the bedroom. Wasn't too bad.... we got it done in about a half-hour. Moved it in the pickup in the box, so it was easy getting in and out, didn't mess up the truck, etc.

I second the battery-powered LED lights. I got a couple on Amazon for a few bucks and they work perfectly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom