Oilfield Layoffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My outfit (we are midstream) is cutting about 200 (started last week with no warning) and moving a bunch of folks to Denver and Houston. Mostly office stuff not the guy and gals actually smashing gas.

As a cross trained plant operator I'm safe as is most the field

Sent via message in a bottle

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nephew is working in the yard. They took the rigs down, and moved them to the lay down yard for maintenance. He said they have two weeks before lay off.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Doing great. Every time we think we are going to slow down we get swamped with jobs. Albeit not necessarily oilfield jobs all the time. But jobs none the less. It'll kick back up in full gear soon for the rest of you folks. (welder)

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard about Chaparral cutting 121 people, word is that more cuts in field personnel with them to come. Lots of service companies in the area laying off. We laid off several people in the last couple weeks. I've managed to survive the cuts so far...

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have had three rounds of layoffs since December 1st. Nomac has been stacking rigs on our yard for the past two weeks. Archer in Union City laid off 75 yesterday and I heard GoFrac out of Ft Worth shut down all their yards and closed their corporate office today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom