Oilfield Layoffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks to me like Keystone (at least XL) wasn't supposed to alleviate that…it looks like it's bringing another leg inbound not out to the gulf?
As I recall, it was supposed to relieve the pressure at Cushing by allowing the Canadian oil to flow directly to the Gulf instead of adding to the supplies at Cushing.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The map I'm looking at shows that extra Canadian (and U.S.) oil flowing into Cushing (extra leg going into Steele City)…no extra legs going south from Cushing but it does show a short lateral to Houston from Port Arthur though.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The map I'm looking at shows that extra Canadian (and U.S.) oil flowing into Cushing (extra leg going into Steele City)…no extra legs going south from Cushing but it does show a short lateral to Houston from Port Arthur though.
The maps I'm finding now are showing a proposed line from Cushing to Houston and Port Arthur. Some reference them as Keystone Gulf Project, and some just as variations on Gulf.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm. Still learning about this and trying to separate fact from hype.

I see a phase 3A from Cushing to the gulf that was turned on in 2014, but I don't see anything new planned or under construction. Is there another phase scheduled?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm. Still learning about this and trying to separate fact from hype.

I see a phase 3A from Cushing to the gulf that was turned on in 2014, but I don't see anything new planned or under construction. Is there another phase scheduled?
That's probably the one I was finding marked as planned. Like most stuff, I haven't followed it continuously, I just look into it when I get interested, and it has been a long time since I looked at this. After a quick search this afternoon, I found the maps still showing it as planned/proposed, and didn't have time to go very far into it.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I thought the Cushing to the gulf link had been completed as it didn't need approval from the Gov.

I drive through the Conoco/Philips tank farm daily and observe the floating top gasoline storage tanks. Very few of them are full. Some almost empty. Its easy to check the levels visually from the road. As the gasoline inside gets pumped in or out the top of the tank rises or falls. There is a stairway across the top of the tank to the center. One can see the angle of the stairway to see what the tank level is. So much for the "glut of gasoline".

One leg of the Keystone was supposed to go to the Ponca City refinery, but for what ever reason, they gave up that supply source.

Latest posts

Top Bottom