Concealed handgun is OK but a switchblade is not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure everyone here finds the knife laws to be total crap. I've found that I can open a liner lock blade faster than any other folding knife, so I don't quite have the urge to carry a switchblade anymore.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do I understand this right? I can get a license to carry a pistol either in the open or concealed but it's aginst the law to carry a spring assisted knife?
It is not illegal (under Oklahoma statutes) to carry a spring assisted knife, nor has it been since they were introduced to the market. Within the last two years the legislature struck the phrase "spring type knife" as a point of clarification, but that phrase predated assisted-opening knives.

Carrying switchblades is still prohibited under Oklahoma statute, but, as Dennis notes, those are not the same as spring assisted knives.

Making it even funnier--before the SDA was enacted, it was a misdemeanor to get caught carrying a pistol, but a felony to get caught carrying a switchblade...

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HB1911 will remove switchblade knives from the list of prohibited weapons. The House author of HB1911 is Rep. Jordan

Last edited:

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also HB1460 passed the House Public Safety Committee by a vote of 8 to 1. 1460 will add knives to the state firearms preemption law and allows schools to set their own policies concerning the carrying of knives.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just received and update from Knife Rights:

"The Oklahoma House of Representatives today passed Knife Rights requested Knife Rights' Switchblade Ban Repeal bill, HB1911, by a vote of 70-19. It now moves to the Senate where it joins HB1460, Knife Rights Knife Law Preemption bill that was passed by the House earlier.

If you live, work or travel in Oklahoma, please contact your Senator and politely ask your Senator to vote YES on HB1460 and HB1911 . Click here to find your Senator.

Knife Rights would like to thank Don Spencer, Vice-President of the Oklahoma Second Amendment Association, for working closely with us in support of Knife rights' efforts."

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just received and update from Knife Rights:

"The Oklahoma House of Representatives today passed Knife Rights requested Knife Rights' Switchblade Ban Repeal bill, HB1911, by a vote of 70-19. It now moves to the Senate where it joins HB1460, Knife Rights Knife Law Preemption bill that was passed by the House earlier.

If you live, work or travel in Oklahoma, please contact your Senator and politely ask your Senator to vote YES on HB1460 and HB1911 . Click here to find your Senator.

Knife Rights would like to thank Don Spencer, Vice-President of the Oklahoma Second Amendment Association, for working closely with us in support of Knife rights' efforts."

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Latest posts

Top Bottom