Tying flies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a ***** Creek Nymph. I think it's supposed to b a stonefly nymph, but I'm sure with the rubber leg action it would make a good bluegill fly also. I know it works well for brown trout on the Upper Rio Grande river.
bcnymph.jpg
The pattern calls for a weave of orange and black chenille, but I use orange chenille and a black sharpie. Ha! The fish don't know any different.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a ***** Creek Nymph. I think it's supposed to b a stonefly nymph, but I'm sure with the rubber leg action it would make a good bluegill fly also. I know it works well for brown trout on the Upper Rio Grande river.
View attachment 46269
The pattern calls for a weave of orange and black chenille, but I use orange chenille and a black sharpie. Ha! The fish don't know any different.

That looks great for anything. Good job!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Kids and I hit a buddies stocked trout pond this evening on a whim. Kids tried to force feed them Cleo's and power bait, left my fly rod behind and broke out dad's old Martin Tuffy......it still slings pretty well, but there were zero trout interested in anything this evening. Quite a bit of insect activity over glass smooth water just before dark, nothing hitting the surface. Nice out this evening anyway.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20150309_175601_zpsx6wnrxsj.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom