Polish wz48 22 trainer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think it was a result of previous dry firing?

I had an old single-shot like that one time,,,
But like you, a careful bit of filing fixed it.

Aarond

P.S. Ready to sell it yet. :)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i don't think so. this rifle has a very large rounded firing pin that doesn't hit on the edge of the shell. it hits closer to the center but not quite. i can't tell what made the burr but it was half mooned shape like the edge of a shell. steel cased 22 ammo maybe?
i need to take it back out after the deburring and see what it will really do.

Friedspam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned one of those several years ago, it was a surprisingly good shooter. I replaced it with a KBks 78 which was another Polish trainer. In retrospect I should have kept that 48 too, but I always keep my eye out for another one some day.
If you don't mind me asking, what did that one set you back?

Thanks,
Mike

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't think so. this rifle has a very large rounded firing pin that doesn't hit on the edge of the shell. it hits closer to the center but not quite. i can't tell what made the burr but it was half mooned shape like the edge of a shell. steel cased 22 ammo maybe?
i need to take it back out after the deburring and see what it will really do.

Have you had another chance to get back to the range? Just curious if that fixed the issue. Who imported yours? I just picked one of these up from a large online distributor this week and it appears they were imported by Williams Shooter Supply (Quincy, IL). I don't know how many they had for sale, but they sold out pretty quickly. I'm hoping to get mine out next week and see which one shoots best.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I owned one of those several years ago, it was a surprisingly good shooter. I replaced it with a KBks 78 which was another Polish trainer. In retrospect I should have kept that 48 too, but I always keep my eye out for another one some day.
If you don't mind me asking, what did that one set you back?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, i was lucky enough to trade for it. I had about 225 in my trade. Welcome to the forum.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you had another chance to get back to the range? Just curious if that fixed the issue. Who imported yours? I just picked one of these up from a large online distributor this week and it appears they were imported by Williams Shooter Supply (Quincy, IL). I don't know how many they had for sale, but they sold out pretty quickly. I'm hoping to get mine out next week and see which one shoots best.

Brad, after I cleaned it up my shots all seemed a little left but the group was a couple inches at 50 yards. I need to get it back out with some good ammo and a better rest.
Glad you found one, they seem to be harder and harder to come by. Mine is a C.A.I with the small peened marking on the bottom of the barrel.

Friedspam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I could have gotten someone to buy my Marlin lever action I might have looked that up. As usual I watch three of the same exact model I own sell for ridiculous prices so I list mine for less and it goes 7 days with 21 watchers and not a single bid.
I must be the unluckiest GB member in that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom