New Streaming Option For Cordcutters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. My Uverse is being cut off tomorrow. I have a $30 flat wall mount antenna that pulls in 33 channels, Amazon Fire TV with Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu.

Which antenna are you using?

I'm thinking of going this route. My bigger problem is internet service. It is up to $80 per month through the local cable co. I need a better option.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same problem here.

My only affordable internet option is Windstream's horrible service. So i'm still stuck with dish/directv for a while.

I would have definitely cut the cord from DirecTV months ago if it weren't for Windstream's horrible service. I've had techs out nine times now to fix a dropped connection issue. Still having problems daily. The only thing I can credit WS for is not giving a damn about the massive amounts of torrents I download.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking at going to streaming and away from Directv. Currently have good internet connection but is limited data through Verizon hotspot on my phone. And, Verizon ain't cheap. It I could be convinced that Atlink is worth the money I would switch tomorrow.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got Sling tv about 2 weeks ago. So far I REALLY like it. Gives me an the wife all the channels we like except FX. I'm into ESPN and CNN. The wife can survive off HGTV, Food channel and Travel channel. We also have the LEAF antenna for all the local channels, Amazon Prime (the free 2 days shipping pays for itself) and HULU.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. My Uverse is being cut off tomorrow. I have a $30 flat wall mount antenna that pulls in 33 channels, Amazon Fire TV with Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu.

I do basically the same with the addition of itunes and record all the OTA using MythTV. The MythTV option is cool because it's open source and it can automatically mark and skip commercials on playback which is something the commercial guys haven't been able to get away with. Down side is that it can be a PITA to setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom