Lower engraving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For as cheap and quick as it is to have it professionally done, I don't know why one would do it by hand... But, to each his own; who am I to tell somebody what they should do! Just personal preference I guess :)

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SW engravers did my lower on 5/4. Very pleased with the job. I live eighty miles from them and tried to call first but a message said the phone wasn't in service anymore. I wanted to know their hours and how stripped down the lower needed to be but I took a chance and drove up there. I left the trigger group in and it wasn't a problem. The working hours on the door said 9-5 M-F and lunch from 2-3 a nice lady works there and the charge was $15 it took about 15 min.

Has anyone one been to SW Engravers since the post above, 5/6/15? I just went by there and the blinds were shut, they had fabric blocking the view in from the door and a sheet of paper that said, "Modified Hours: 11-3". I was there at 11:30, but the door was locked. I may try to run by there again since it's not far from work. My other thought was to run by Cold Hand Arms, but they charge $35 as opposed to $15.

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone one been to SW Engravers since the post above, 5/6/15? I just went by there and the blinds were shut, they had fabric blocking the view in from the door and a sheet of paper that said, "Modified Hours: 11-3". I was there at 11:30, but the door was locked. I may try to run by there again since it's not far from work. My other thought was to run by Cold Hand Arms, but they charge $35 as opposed to $15.

I actually answered my own question. I decided to try SW Engravers again and the lady answered. She is only open from 11-3 and is apparently is some bad health right now. She did a great job as usual and it only took her about 15 minutes and it was $15. When I went by there at 11:30 this morning she was at the doctor.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dangit... I just realized I'ma have to have my lower engraved when my SBR stamp is approved... but I just had it Cerakoted. Which means engraving will go through that and leave bare metal. Not sure about painting/colorfill on Cerakote. Anyone know if it wipes away as easily as the regular milspec finish? I've colorfilled a bunch of my rollmarks, but I don't want to get paint on my Cerakote that won't come off. I usually use a paper towel with some turpentine on it to wipe away excess paint. It shouldn't discolor my Cerakote, should it??

<edit> It's burnt bronze if that makes a difference.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my first batch of NFA items engraved. I used Wes from Marking Masters in Collinsville. I believe his screen name here is orangewes. I was pleased with my results. This is my first time getting anything engraved and definitely not my last but his work looks much better to me than the work from Juno I have seen. Just wanted to let everyone know because up until recently I didn't know about any other NFA engravers other than Juno and I know that they are the most well-known engravers in town for these types of items.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom