1911 carry gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I wont go any smaller than commander size, but that is just me. Can you make a 3 1/2 or 3 inch gun run, of course! But I prefer the 5 or 4 1/4 inch.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I had a compact (3.5") Rock Island a year or two back, and it seemed to do good but I honestly didn't shoot it a whole lot. I really believe this commander size Ruger is lighter than the officer sized RI though.

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted a solid Commander size 1911 with an aluminum frame for carry, but have not found anything I like better than what I have. I know there is a lot of Kimber hate out there so I am not expecting a lot of "oohs and ahhs" but here is mine. I replaced a lot on it and had it coated at Harsh, and it is 100% reliable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 148

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have nothing against Kimber and Springfield except the Firing pin safety on some models and the fact that their Commanders are four inch not 4 1/4.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My question was mainly how big you would carry, not so much how small you would carry, I have a full size SR1911 and don't think it'd be very easy to CC.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My question was mainly how big you would carry, not so much how small you would carry, I have a full size SR1911 and don't think it'd be very easy to CC.

I know some guys that carry a fullsize 1911, I think holster choice is a big factor in what size gun you can carry/conceal, whether with 1911's or any other brand/type. Body size/shape will come into play as well. I don't have a holster for this one yet, but will be ordering mine from Simply Rugged shortly!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went and ran another 150 rounds through the Ruger this afternoon, puts me at 200 now. This is a "rapid fire" target, 3 mags (21 rounds), @ 3-5 yards.

This is 11 rounds "slow fire" @ approximately 7 yards.

My reloads (200 gr RN Xtreme plated bullets over Bullseye) shoot low, but they seem to in all my 1911's. Very happy so far, and I know that I do shoot a 1911 better than my snubby revolvers when going "rapid fire" at self defense distances. Probably upgrade to night sights and maybe a little "going over" on the trigger by a smith and have it just to my liking! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom