O'Reilly pulled a Brian Williams?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the other sources is O'Reilly's own "The No Spin Zone" published in 2001.
This is not a new story. As long as O'Reilly continues to sell mass quantities of polident and PenisMightier he's not going anywhere.

Keep trying. "Not going anywhere"? He's already there dude, he's got nowhere to go. He's had the #1 rated show in primetime cable for like....Forever.

Mother Earth news ain't going to take him down, but there's no doubt they'll keep trying.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep trying. "Not going anywhere"? He's already there dude, he's got nowhere to go. He's had the #1 rated show in primetime cable for like....Forever.

Mother Earth news ain't going to take him down, but there's no doubt they'll keep trying.
I clearly meant that Fox wouldn't dream of replacing him. He's not going anywhere means that his job is as safe as ever.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screw O'Reilly. He can take a powder with Williams.

Anyone who quotes that blowhard to me during a political discussion is instantly discredited as a Fox News puppet incapable of independent thought. (Happened last night in fact…dude was quoting some stuff O'Reilly said while working on his phone signing multiple "petitions" on We the People's website and telling me I needed to "make my stand" and do what he was doing.)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I dislike the "Bookends of Crazy" (Bill O'Reilly and Bill Maher) the fact is, he clearly said he was in Argentina, during the Falkland Island War, not that he was in the Falkland Islands. The place he was in was actually an active war zone, and none of his claims were even exaggeration. He sucks, but not on this one.

This,

Meh....

....source is a Mother Earth "journalist(?)."

And this.

The left is just trying to smear him since one of theirs was caught lying several times now.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the hoopla over Brian Williams is much ado about nothing honestly. Yes, he exaggerated, but he did it with good intentions of trying to shed an even more positive light on some other people. Not saying that makes it right, but it's not the worst thing ever.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the hoopla over Brian Williams is much ado about nothing honestly. Yes, he exaggerated, but he did it with good intentions of trying to shed an even more positive light on some other people. Not saying that makes it right, but it's not the worst thing ever.

What about lying about being robbed and saving puppies? Yes he did both just to make himself look good. The people who report the news, government employees and especially elected officials should all be above reproach and sadly most are not.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was in a discussion elswhere that brought up some interesting comments along these lines.

What strikes me most odd about this is how often news personalities lie / make stuff up, but Williams gets taken down for it, and by some of that same media. I'm not excusing Williams. Our reporters should not be embellishing stories, but what makes his case so different and how can we begin to apply the same standard across all media outlets and personalities?

Usually the lies are politically motivated whereas Brian Williams was self promoting. Political agenda & ideological lies are more accepted I guess.

I think you're right and that's really interesting, just from a psychological stand point. Basically, Brian's lies, while inexcusable, affect basically no one. The politically motivated lies can lead to people making bad personal decisions and the implementation of reckless public policy. Yet, no one seems to care about a lie if it supports one of their beliefs, but if a lie makes the liar look better, people get upset. I think it really speaks to our culture's prevailing vanity and general disinterest in using anything other than unchecked intuition to inform their beliefs.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What strikes me as odd is that we let any of them get away with lying anymore. Up until Mr Bill if you got caught lying you were out the door in a hurry. Since Clinton it seems like they get a pass on lying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom