Bedding a 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you talking about pillar bedding the stock? Depends on a lot of other factors of the gun. Trigger, barrel, etc. I would buy a metal chassis and do away with the stock. Maybe even use a KIDD receiver with a rear tang. It just depends on how much time/money you want to invest.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It isn't hard and there are several methods. The problem is that just bedding the rifle without other mods, may not help much. You can have the barrel reworked for a small price and then do some work on the trigger group and it probably help a ton.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking about the vloquartsen target hammer and bushings, and the volquartsen target trigger (I just want a metal one instead of the plastic) also going to get a green mountain barrel in the near future.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking about the vloquartsen target hammer and bushings, and the volquartsen target trigger (I just want a metal one instead of the plastic) also going to get a green mountain barrel in the near future.

If you do decide to get a new barrel, get a Fedderson or KIDD. If you are going to spend the money to get a metal trigger group, get a KIDD. I would recommend sending your factory barrel to QUE on rimfire central and your factory trigger group to Brimstone for a rework. Also, if you are going to bed the action on a factory stock, do away with the barrel band and free float it. I also like the Gunsmither blocks for attaching the barrel.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too went the route of vloquartsen target hammer, bushings,and bolt damper ,I used a green mountain fluted tapered barrel . Kept the walnut stock , rifle balances at the magazine.Much nicer handling than a full bull barrel in my opinion.Its easy to tie up alot of $$$$ in a 10/22, but in the end its still a 10/22.

Latest posts

Top Bottom