Building a Boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been wanting a fishing boat for a long time, to be able to get to slightly deeper water, run jug lines, etc. Long story short, I decided to try to find plans online for a small boat I could build my own. I came across this guy's website, and think I'm going to give it a shot!

simboi19.jpg
http://koti.kapsi.fi/hvartial/dinghy1/simboii.htm

Anyone else have experience doing something similar, and have lessons to share? I figure all in, I shouldn't be out more than $200 and a week's time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only built small model boats. Our house is decorated like a fishing camp, and I didn't want to pay what somebody wanted to build them.

it will be a cool project. Seen a lot of plans in Popular Mechanics magazine over the years.

If your going to be out in any moderate high wave conditions the design will work well.

Planning on an electric or gas motor?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old aluminum canoe for that. Well, I started out with just that. Now I have a couple of kayaks too.

Anyway, my point is this: although I totally support a guy building anything he wants to, for any reason (in fact I will be the first to demand pics), buying that old boat for $200 got me on the water the same day. I had big plans on building a canoe. That was years ago. Still hasn't happened.

All that said, pics please. Get on it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom