Building a Boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
now you understand why you build a boat, not to save money, but a sense of pride when you are done. notice you said first one, look out or youll have a fleet.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What name will you give your craft, and will you have your wife christen it with a bottle of champagne during the launch?

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What name will you give your craft, and will you have your wife christen it with a bottle of champagne during the launch?

Named it after my wife actually, but no champagne. The lake test went well..no leaks. Since it is a flat bottom boat, it has a tendency to go in circles when I row if I'm not perfectly in sync with each oar. Just something I'll have to deal with.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Named it after my wife actually, but no champagne. The lake test went well..no leaks. Since it is a flat bottom boat, it has a tendency to go in circles when I row if I'm not perfectly in sync with each oar. Just something I'll have to deal with.

I wonder if gluing a strip of lath along the center of the bottom will help with the yawing?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if gluing a strip of lath along the center of the bottom will help with the yawing?

Yes to this. It should help with our winds too.

Great job!!!! Wonder if I need to do that now. Damnit.

More pics, if you please!

Look at the bottom of this little dude:

www.villageboatshop.com_IMG_3816.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom