What to do with this arisaka type 99

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one that had been sporterized and the mum was ground off. Nobody wanted it. I never shot it. It looked nice, finally gave it to my son. He sold it.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The crude, unknurled safety and bolt knob that is cylindrical rather than machined to an oval shape indicate a "last ditch" bolt. Desirable for someone restoring a mis-matched late-war rifle, but not correct for a '43.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The crude, unknurled safety and bolt knob that is cylindrical rather than machined to an oval shape indicate a "last ditch" bolt. Desirable for someone restoring a mis-matched late-war rifle, but not correct for a '43.

I dug mine out of the safe to show what the bolt knob and safety should look like on a sporterized model.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425527028.382345.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425527039.003767.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425527050.833994.jpg

Il_Duce

Marksman
Reaction score
Nice looking rifle dennis. We'll I found out my buddy's dad was looking for another last ditch to restore. Made a nice 150 off it. Soon as I get my c&r back I'll be getting a couple of carcanos ordered

Il_Duce

Marksman
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, why purchase Carcanos? historical or ? wouldn't ammo be a tad tough to find?
They are kinda sentimental to me. My grandfather fought for Italy in WWII. He was captured 6 months in to his tour and spent 7yrs in a British pow camp. They remind me of him and the stories he use to tell us.
As far as ammo the last time I bought some I picked it up from brigadoons not sure if they still have them or not.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are kinda sentimental to me. My grandfather fought for Italy in WWII. He was captured 6 months in to his tour and spent 7yrs in a British pow camp. They remind me of him and the stories he use to tell us.
As far as ammo the last time I bought some I picked it up from brigadoons not sure if they still have them or not.

One of the best reasons to purchase a firearm I have heard.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yours must have escaped the desecration of the mum or something.

If it is a later year in the war, I'd be scared to fire it.

The Japanese ran out of lead, and some of the later models shot wood bullets at the end of the war.

I'd suggest doing a lot of research before firing this gun.

Someone needs to do research alright.

Latest posts

Top Bottom