What a horriable day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get him, but IMO that's better than sitting and waiting on a phantom deer that may or may not be there anymore................which I've done many times, not ever knowing what happened to the buck.

Ya I sure am glad I found out because it was driving me crazy wondering what happen to him

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No doubt about it, he got your deer! Sucks to see your trophy in someone else's picture, but as long as he was all legal, just have to shake it off and congratulate the kid on taking a nice buck.
Your right r00s7a if he killed him legal I will be very very happy for him because a deer like that around here is a buck of lifetime.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is rough Deer 24/7 but like others have said...at least you know what happened to him. Congrats to that kid! I chased this buck for 3 years, had 1 sighting at 60-65 yards in bow season in 2012, and another at 80 yards in 2013, he was a giant....never saw him again, and do not have any pictures of him since then, we think my brother may have seen him this year but can't be sure. A neighbor a mile away had pictures of him too but never saw him. It remains a mystery.

January 2012 before he shed

October 2012

Long Barrel 44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to visit a friend of mind over at Fort Cobb Lake today. As I was leaving he said you should go up to the store and check out the deer pics he said they sure check in some goods this year. I was admiring some of the deer when I seen one and said to myself dang that's a good one and the same time I said to myself OMG NO NO NO but sure enough there was a pic of a buck that I had on camera.This buck is one of the biggest bucks I had seen from this area in the last 40 years of hunting it. All my pics had been at night but I knew when weather got cold and rough he would make a daylight appearance sooner or later but I stopped getting pics of him. but starting around the 15th of dec I started hunting him on cold days with a north wind thinking anytime he could show made about 15 sits. The kid killed him on Dec 3rd.I don't know the details yet going to hunt the kid down and put my hands on that rack and find out the story about where and how he killed him. First pic on my cam second pics in his hands Oh almost cried today

Man I feel your pain on that one. That is a buck of a lifetime. Happy the young man closed the deal and didn't wound him and lose him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom